Deep wounds bugged

So I’ve noticed that deep wounds with high crit chance, is actually overwriting itself and never ticking, as arms at least, im sure its just as bad for fury.

For example on my guild’s High King Mulgar parse tonight, my deep wounds had 90% uptime, but only ticked once for 258 damage, because the fight was only 38 seconds, and i popped reckless, i had 90% crits with lust.

So every deep wounds was refreshed and never got the tick of damage @ 3 seconds, except one time…

This feels very bad as its punishing our damage for optimizing crit and lust in short windows… the Warrior that did 1400 DPS under me, had ~35% crit average, and 10k in deep wounds damage.

Is this a known TBC bug?

Not a bug, same thing has happened with deadly poison and really any dot.

1 Like

yup that’s how dots work, as a priest if I cast swp in 2.5s intervals it will never tick. As far as I know the ONLY dot that will tick is ignite from fire mages, and even that will reset ( it will delay the tick )

1 Like

deep wounds is not a use though, its a set proc on rng crits, not intended to be used skillfully.

you missed his point - first tick of the dot is not instant

you have to wait few seconds for it to tick, and if you constantly reapply it it never happens

edit: same thing with all dots if you insect swarm target and they got sheeped, just reapply insect ever gcd before a tick and it wont break sheep, situationally can be useful to know about this

my point is that once itemized for high crit, you actually lose dps from deep wounds with it never proccing… its unavoidable

There are so many crap bugs in this client, its probly bugged like you point out.

Have you brought this to Fight Club discord? They’ll probably be able to explain this to Blizz a lot better than you. They’re hyper virgins about this stuff and have gotten a ton of things fixed throughout classic due to very precise reporting.

bug is when expected behaviour does not match actual behaviour, go on and describe what is a bug here actually, try it

what did you expect? for your deep wounds to reapply only after first tick or what? it doesnt say that in description, everything works as intended

1 Like

Isn’t a bug. The only DoT in the game that “rolls” as in, will consistently tick even when refreshed, is Ignite.

All others start their tick counter at the moment of application. Repeated reapplications by the same player will repeatedly restart the tick counter. What you’re observing is that effect.

It’s part of why there’s a Crit Cap(for Warriors it’s around 35%). After a certain point, you start actually losing some damage from too much crit due to Deep Wounds never actually ticking or ticks getting Clipped and lost.

1 Like

The key is to be a bit of a slacker DPS…

Start attack

Auto attack
Cleave
Cleave
Cleave
Heroic/All mah trinks/mortals trike/execute

This gives more time for coffee and bleed.

(Not a real rotation)

Yea none of that is true

1 Like

Except all of its actually true though.

Kick rocks, posting alt.

Its literally not. There is no crit cap in tbc that you’ll ever hit without reck.

To say that increasing crit ever results in lower damage is just mind bogglingly incorrect. For that to be true the loss of kekdeepwounds damage would have to exceed the damage gained from crit, and especially with impale and flurry thats just never ever ever going to happen since deep wounds even at it’s best doesnt contribute that much damage and in practice as the OP pointed out rarely ticks anyway.

So you’re not just wrong, you’re very wrong.

Thanks for playing

2 Likes

Except there is. 35% with DW (easily achieved with currently available gear + Imp JotC & LotP) allows for as close to 100% flurry uptime as you can guarantee without starting to heavily sacrifice AP or Hit or both.

The crit cap is legit the same as it was in Classic and its even easier to hit. Beyond a certain point Crit is simply less valuable. Hence, that point is seen as a cap.

Deep Wounds isn’t even the primary drive behind it, it’s just a secondary factor. Flurry is what dictates it. Always has been.

You’re describing diminishing returns which applies to every stat… and is a much much different thing than saying

As someone else put it:

There’s a point where each % crit doesn’t give you much more flurry uptime which people sometimes refer to as a “soft cap” but that’s a pretty stupid thing to call it because crit is still strong for… You know… Making your hits do double damage
Otherwise it’s just about balancing your stats. The more AP you have the more DPS you gain per crit and vice versa, so it helps to keep them relatively balanced but calling anything a cap makes no sense there

Nobody cares. You should have rerolled hunter/lock/prot paladin like all the other warrcucks

1 Like

So the hill you chose to die on is semantics. The whole reason soft cap is even a term in common usage is that it’s simply easier to type than diminished returns.

:man_facepalming:

this happened in classic and is part of the reason why i am very firm in my stance that deep wounds is the worst talent in the game. It gets worse the better gear you have. Especially bad for fury sinc they attack faster

also, while lvling my warrior, it was always conveniently on a mob when i needed to intimidating shout and bandage, and would always break my fear first tic

1 Like

And as stated its still not even correct regardless