Decoupling Dracthyr from Evoker

An inference based on a great deal of evidence and logic. Dracthyr already have the inclination to be things other than Evoker, and so expanding their class selection would be a natural way to grow the race and not let it rot in obsolescence once DF ends.

Correct. :slight_smile:

I prefer to keep them unique, but they should get a mele tank spec.

In fact another thing more than its limit, is that the Evoker is to expand to other races, really worse than the DH in onlys elfs is that the Drackthyr is for that race, everything.

You’re just playing a class without representation, it’s nothing, neither a dragon, nor a race from Azeroth, nor a humanoid, IT’S NOTHING.

It really is disappointing to see, and one of the reasons why no one buys this expansion other than a die-hard fan of the game without having to judge it.

This is why the Drackthyr has to conform to another class and share its class with other races in order for it to gain that representation as part of Azeroth.

i think it would be better if the class/race were to remain unique. Let them, and them alone, be evokers. Unique things are good for games.

1 Like

Yeahh… don’t forget that in the next expansion it doesn’t matter if Blizzard buffed it to the point that it is the first in top, they will be rejected and forgotten, no one that will be an Evoker, they prefer other classes than being a bored race with only one thing pending in their pathetic and miserable life.

Yes, let’s harp on that word instead of the reality that Dracthyr are destined for the dustbin once the honeymoon period with them is over. Without new classes to inject fresh interest in the race, once DF is over the Dracthyr pretty much vanish. Evoker too, locking it to a single race gives it a shelf life that’s already looking short. That said, while it’s still idiotic to lock down a class so hard (especially since it is known that Dracthyr are trained to be Evokers and can, in fact, fail that training), it’s beyond stupid to lock down a race so hard, especially when the class has major, major problems and weaknesses. It would just make sense for Dracthyr to explore other class options rather than continue to put all of their eggs in a singular, flawed basket.

Besides, ‘super soldiers’ really ought to know how a sword and shield works.

I made a Dracthyr and leveled it to 60 before the release, but I put that character so far down my characters to level to 70 it might be almost end of expansion. I don’t normally play DPS in video games, mostly healers and tanks so I would be ecstatic if they introduced an Azure Guardian type Dracthyr.

I have as said in other posts have always wanted to play a Dragon like character since playing Dragon Lance, but do not like the evoker DPS / Healing to want to play it further than I have. If they could make a beefer tank type Dracthyr I would probably be all over that and enjoy the new race.

I normally get this character to max first, and finish the story with him before really playing any other characters. I have been using my healer Evoker to play the DL story, and also to collect the Dragonriding Glyphs. Having Soar, along with the dragonriding mount helps get to those high-up areas faster, and for some reason, I just like running around on him. I’ve died a few times on rares or large groups, but his survivability is pretty good, for the most part.

In honestly,I think all that will change when they find what it is the dw took from them. Only time will tell.

I’m sure Dracthyr will get more classes later, but I don’t think Evoker will go to other races. Evoker is about using their genetic connection to each dragon race, and no other race has that genetic connection.

1 Like

That’s not yours or anyone else’s decision to make. Why is so difficult for people to accept that that is the way it was designed, there are reasons for it, whatever the devs decided. All you guys want to do is change everything about the game to suit you and what you want and screw anyone else.

1 Like

Why do you guys want everything homogenized?

Every Hero Class has a quirk and whole point of Evoker is that its dragon-magic, which isn’t something just anyone can use.

I actually think coupling that with the dragon attributes of the Dracthyr was brilliant.

Play a normal class if you want something more generic.

On the other hand Dracthyr getting more classes would be nice.

2 Likes

The game is not static. The devs have already been working towards class proliferation, and recently added Rogues, Mages, and Priests, and soon Monks, to the all races list (which also includes Hunters, Death Knights, Warriors). It is very possible that they have plans to add more classes in the future.

This is what I hope they are doing. I don’t need Evokers on other races, but would love to have other classes on Dracthyr.

2 Likes