Declined Thanks to Raider.io or ilvl

Sign me up.

I know this thread is dead, but is this sentiment for real? Are there people who actually feel this way? You need to invest about an hour and a half of your time to take your 0 key to 5 6 8 9 or 10. You literally only need to do that one time ever, from there after each week your key will be in the range you need to gear up. if you can’t spare one and a half hours over the course of an entire expansion… nevermind. Not worth my breath

There is at least a post every single week… if not more. So yes, it’s quite common.

2 Likes

And then they wonder why raider IO exists. It exists because of people like OP who refuse to put in work.

Know what I did on my 460 toon last night OP? I ran +5 SOTS and +7 WS. Zero chance for gear. Why? To learn the dungeons like the back of my hand in preparation for +9 and +11. To raise my IO in those dungeons to help me get invites easier. No chance for gear upgrades until +12s or +15s really. I’m I’m there to learn, to prepare, and to help others along the way

This is how the game is played. Just like in real life, competition is fierce. You got to be ready to compete or just give up and do what’s fun. The only two options

2 Likes

i more curious on why he cleanse the corruption on the weapon that is 1 of the best weapon for hunter because of its corruption effect.

Back to topic, op must understand there is tons of dps out there competing with you for 2/3 dps slot on one group (Try hosting your own key and you will see how many dps applied to your group compare to tank/healer). There were always had other dps that had higher gear lvl or better io score than you applying to join. And the key host always want the key to had smooth run and will be picky and choose the one with highest io score / gear lvl.

And checking OP’s current io score, that just not the score people will consider most of the time when applying +8 group.

OP can either host your own key to push up your score, or join some lower level key, time it to build up your score. Is tedious, but like one of the poster here say: applying to join the group is like applying job, you need to build up a good credential to let others considered you were experience enough to run the key and without screwing up the run with some noob mistakes.

1 Like

I’ve been playing this season for 6 weeks. When I came back my friends were all WAY ahead of me and I was left on my own. Guess what? I ran low keys and worked my way up. Every single one of them.

I have plenty of experience in M+ this expansion but it was irrelevant. No one cares what you used to be or what you did last season.

You have two options. Pull yourself up by the boot straps or pack it in.

Firstly, you can get to >465 just doing emissaries, weeklies and horrific visions 5 masks. If you can’t do 5 masks then you are probably a carry on higher m+ anyway.

Secondly, you talk about your Guild can’t you run with them? If not change Guilds.

Dps is a longer route it’s why I play a hybrid. I pug high m+ as heals and use it to get my dps set.

My buddy main swapped this week, leveled from 20-120 by Friday. We ran only his key and he’s at 980 now. 2 timed 15s with him healing.

Moral of the story, make friends, run your own key.

These threads (and particularly the opening complaints) are weird. It’s like someone who slacked after college for 3 years complaining they can’t get into the same kind of mid-level tech jobs their collegemates have right now because of the employer’s unfair resume and experience requirements.

If your experience is entry-level, apply for an entry level position and work your way up.

3 Likes

Before pug you need to clear things with a premade group to increase your IO rating. Simple.

To be honest, I have no idea what masks are. I have never seen them in a guide and you’re the first person to mention them. And that’s part of the problem for players who haven’t played BfA from the start; there’s so much to do that experienced players aren’t doing anymore. We’re told to level our Cloak, level our Heart, run Mythics to get better gear. Now I have tio go Google “masks” and find out what kind of time-sink that’s going to be.

1 Like

I don’t know what guides you’ve been looking at because the mask system was included in guides from day 1. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/horrific-visions-of-nzoth-overview-objectives-sanity-masks clearly lays out every aspect of horrific visions including masks.
Tl;Dr they’re an option to increase the difficulty of visions for skilled players that also increase the rewards offered.

How to finish weekly chores in 30m or less.

1 Like

I would decline you for cleansing that bow. That shows more about you then IO ever could.

There’s no reason to google anything.

Go to wowhead and look at their menus laid over the top. There are various pull down options such as patch 8.3, visions (which include mask details), corruption , older BFA raids, etc.

How to beat RadierIO 101

get a guild.

the end

I’ve played since 2003 and agree today’s forced story and reputation completion is poor design and nothing more than subscription milking. It has forced a mandatory reliance on sources of information outside the game which is poor design.

It is what it is though and they don’t seem to care they have driven the game to its lowest sub point in history. They simply rely on milking those of us that never leave.

Wow, I just looked up what corruption came on the bow and I have to agree with you.

Raider IO is a good thing but it does have the potential of blocking good players from your group. It’s good because you can see what dungeons runs someone has completed therefore, making your group way more solid and likely to succeed.
But if you’re a solid player who has maybe taken a break or hasn’t gotten into many dungeons this season it is a nightmare. I like raider IO but there have been times where I have been super upset, because like yourself I get declined from 15s when in my opinion they are sh** easy and I do more damage than anyone in those groups while not dying and interrupting doing mechanics correctly.

But if you have just ran more dungeons and maybe got carried your io score will be higher and people will take that. I get it, I understand it and hell I used it like that too, but it is a double edge sword.

Why would anybody take a 460 ret when a 480 BM is in Q unless it’s for charity.