Declined Thanks to Raider.io or ilvl

According to the chart by manolis09 on Reddit, I should be running Mythics 6-8 until I hit ilvl 450. I am at 448.50. So I have been looking for pre-mades doing +8 Mythics.

I am constantly declined.

If you look at my toon in RaiderDotIO, my Best Mythic score is 240 and I am 2/12 Ny’alotha because my guild just started a group for lower-ilvl toons to raid Ny’alotha. Again, according to this guide, I should start raiding Ny’alotha Heroic soon.

Ya think any group will take me?

RaiderDotIO, ilvl, and GearScore before it, allow people to make snap judgments about players and essentially ban them from leveling content because so many other players have played longer and have higher scores.

How am I supposed to get better gear? I’m doing exactly what then guide says, and I am being declined over and over.

(I expect to hear “Make your own group” responses - meaning waste time running M0’s to get an M2 key, run the M2 to get a higher key, etc. What a time sink when I’m geared for M8’s.)

4 Likes

If you don’t like the obvious answer then don’t make a thread about it. Welcome to the pure pug world where you are just another faceless DPS player.

10 Likes

Oh look, another one.

Do you actually want answers or are you just wanting to vent?

3 Likes

Sounds like it isn’t actually a waste of time if it’s getting you the keys you need to make your groups.

If you don’t have a network of people in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game, then you have to work a little harder and take the long way around sometimes. You can get yourself a M+8 key by spending 90 minutes on a 0, 2, then 5. You have to invest that one time, and then your weekly chest will give you a key relevant to what you’ve been doing. 90 minutes hardly seems excessive, especially when you can skip it by having four people out of the thousands on your server that are friends or guildies that would group with you for a higher level right away.

4 Likes

You live in the pug world enjoy the pug rules. Ima just be over here in my guild doing group activities with them so things like raider i.o. mean nothing

3 Likes

Well if there is a difficulty level you don’t have trouble getting into, then clear keys for as many dungeons as possible on that difficulty level. Time every dungeon on a 5, then on a 6 etc. That may help you get invited to higher keys and then continually move along like that. If that doesn’t work, join a guild and ask them to help you.

1 Like

What’s a bigger waste of time, constantly getting declined for being the worst applicant or making yourself a better applicant?

7 Likes

Make your own group. You’re guaranteed to get invited to not get kicked from it.

Alternatively, if all you can do is complain and not take real action for yourself, don’t play the game. Instead, spend your time watching videos about the positivity of self-action and importance of initiative in today’s world.

Or just be a forum victim.

4 Likes

You must take into account there are hundreds upon hundreds of DPS players for every tank and healer. This means you’re competing against other DPS players who may have better gear and more experience. Which means they can afford to be more selective, which means it’s harder for you to get invited.

This is the reality of the situation.

3 Likes

The funny thing is… unless someone has explicitly told you that you were declined because of your io or ilvl… you’re making a snap judgment as to assuming it’s because of those things. You have no idea.

You don’t even know what dps are already in a group. Maybe they don’t need a hunter or maybe, they have so many applicants you’ve just gotten overshadowed without people even noticing you.

Heroic Darkshore, Visions, Pug Nya’lotha (within your experience level), make friends, join a guild, or just keep applying to groups until you get in one. I have so many alts above 455 item level; none of them were carried by anyone and it was pretty easy to get to that item level. You just have to put in the time and effort to grind it.

You mean… do what people with IO have already done? I’m just saying, if you’re not prepared for the grind then don’t do it, but don’t complain about it. It takes about 3 dungeons to get an 8 key. Most groups I’ve made have gone to at least time an 11 despite being undergeared. It’s not that hard and you seem to be using every excuse to avoid actually gearing up your character.

5 Likes

it’s unfortunate but such is the way when you’re not competitive, marketable etc. applying for a group is very much like applying for a job.

Unfortunately that’s how the M+ system is designed. Blizzard apparently likes to force people into time sinks.

You are nowhere near geared for +8. You got slots that can be replaced by M0…

6 Likes

Yes, and how hard is it to start your own successful business compared to starting your own successful M0 or M+ group ?

There’s the issue… people are more concerned about getting into +8 keys instead of upgrading 420 ilvl gear.

7 Likes

I feel like I should start a m+ support group.

Make your own group. 2 turns into 5 into 7 or 8 and you are in the driver seat. Stop being a lazy victim

4 Likes

I pay a sub and logged into the game = I deserve to go to the front of the line.

declined

“OMFG TOXIC ELITISTS”

5 Likes

Usalia’s everywhere…

Queue Woody & Buzz Lightyear Meme

2 Likes

I really should make an M+ guild/community by that name, “OMFG TOXIC ELITISTS”. We’ll run keys having above average performance, interrupting most of the time and using utility spells most of the time while avoiding most damage…truly elite gameplay. We’ll see how many people get the joke.

3 Likes