[Dec 8th] You've been disconnected from the server

finally got in, after constant DC’s…got dismounted in Burning Steppes, but its alright…this ain’t Classic, so its good.

just hope it STAYS good. knocks on wood

ya i am finally in, and didn’t do anything so something fixed

Looks to be fixed now. What’d the issue end up being? Some data that needed to be in the cache, but was absent?

Sadly nowhere near fixed if you tried to scan and repair during the issue.

1 Like

Chiming in to say that at ~8:12am I am able to connect, view my characters and enter the game world. (Comcast/Xfinity, CA, USA in case ISP and location info still matters at all.)

Now to wait until tonight when I can actually play… Sigh.

1 Like

Its fixed now, we hope to get some answers

and there was much rejoicing

You have to uninstall both the client and the game, remove the game folder and its contents if there’s anything still there (the uninstall didn’t remove everything for me), then reinstall both. Install the game itself into a new folder.

Tip: you have to uninstall the game from the client, so do that before you uninstall the client.

1 Like

At this point it’d be faster and easier just to cancel my subscription.
I know it’s a small inexperienced indie company and all but seriously.

2 Likes

Hey the bug is back, nice…

was able to get on after restarts

1 Like

Can confirm having someone who is able to login send you the “Cache” folder and replacing yours will work… was able to login last night and play after doing this!

Why hasn’t a blue come in to confirm this fix? Yes, it works and I am super happy to be playing again. Thanks to the folks that figured it out. Fairly embarrassing that no blue post has bothered to chime in with any updates since last night.

1 Like

If I had to guess it’s because they haven’t resolved the issue completely yet and they are keeping it open in case someone else comes along and has the same problem. Usually the thread becomes locked when they have resolved the matter.

All good now on my end.

The only friggin time I get to play this game and I can’t stay connected after the character screen. Tried to log in last night as well and had the same issues. Unbelievable. Back in the first year of the game, they’d give us game time for this.

Exactly. How come WOW players find a solution faster than Blizzard employers… Blizzard brings awesome game features, but it seems cant handle technical issues that keep popping constantly. They need to slow down and brush up what we already have in the game.

So I’m able to log in without making any modifications, the breaking news is also gone. But apparently they couldn’t update this thread when the fix was done…

Hey all,

To update and cap things off here, the fix was implemented with the realm restarts earlier this morning. Everyone should be able to log back in now without making any modifications. The WoW team fixed the problem on the back-end but it required realm restarts to pick up the changes.

The issue had to do with how the WoW client was loading hotfixes after logging into a realm. Players that were already logged into the game or that had logged into the game recently before the problem started were unaffected, but those that had not logged in recently or had swapped realms were getting disconnected.

Copying a Cache folder from a working install was a work around due to the way hotfixes are cached, and I’m glad to see the community was able to help each other out with that. Unfortunately that work around was not something that was discovered early on, and we didn’t want to recommend others have to download Cache files from unofficial sources.

20 Likes