Death of abomination limb

Well you just destroyed our one Aoe control ability by removing the benefits of picking it in the first place… there is zero reason to even use it if it does absolutely nothing for gain. The only reason we would ever pick it, is if it did an insane amount of aoe dmg. At which point it would also be broken that you just picked it everytime… revert this abom nerf… and with that youve also widened the gap of tank control… yay more seasons with vdh at top

3 Likes

i hate that ability literally since shadowlands. i prefer gorefiends grasp

2 Likes

well as of right now, GG is useless too since u cant even pick it up in the blood tree. They really need to make one of the 2 baseline for us. At least itll narrow the gap in control abilities among all the tanks… we lose literally everything for control with these class changes… its so bad… well we can grab sleet by dropping permafrost, but thats it. 1min sleet is still just really bad…

It’s still good agro generation, puller. Losing bone shields sucks but i can deal with it if we get compensated with something, yet there is nothing. Also permafrost is the most useless talent for Blood , you never want to pick it. Sleet cd should be 30 seconds for sure just like guardians roar, but who cares.

its more that we only had sleet and abom for aoe control. And we dont have the points to grab both anymore, considering the stuff thats packed into just the top half of the tree. The 5 2point nodes on the bottom of the tree really gatekeep us a lot… when those capstone besides the ams one, are really just not good. even those penultimate talents arent worth taking over whats above them.

Honestly torn on the news. I have always hated the visual anyway. blue tornado of ice and steel with an occasional random and weird green slappy hand. this is normal.

…but I also do like the “no you stay here with me” that it did to mobs.

1 Like

I liked the old tree better.

Don’t undersell Abom Limb’s value when it comes to gathering mobs though. It’s situational in raid, but always great when it’s called for. And now they’ve made it real easy to forget by putting it on the other side of two talent points of crap you don’t want anyway.

1 Like

The Dathea fight in Vault of Incarnates on heroic and higher really took advantage of Abom limb, with the ledges of adds. Even the final boss in Nokhud, Balar Khan, let us take advantage of it in mythics by gathering up the casters and if moving around keep them from casting during phase 2 of the fight. It was a nice tool in our kit that let us do something no one else could, and I’d like to see something buffed or added that lets up keep that level of utility in the future.