Dear Hordes's in War Mode in frostmourne + connected servers

Instead of hiding how about go help people who needs help in PvP and help them finish their dalies when they being contently ganked im just sick of someone blaming us for not helping even they dont have flying mount

3 Likes

Or just turn warmode off and get your dailies done so much more efficiently.

12 Likes

What if i want the bonuses ???

1 Like

Unfortunately blizzard does not care since the alliance have been favored since it came out.

4 Likes

No offense but as much as I used to love WPvP I see no reason to turn warmode on when Horde get absolutely no benefit and are out numbered 10/1. I try to spend as little time doing world content in it’s current form as it is, there is no way I want to increase that time and add complications.

Honestly 8.0 wasn’t that badly balanced on OCE. It was when they added the bonuses to Alliance without regional consideration.
Alliance started to just turn it on because why wouldn’t you? The bonus (and AaO) was worth it when there was reasonable competition, and as more Alliance turned it on and more Horde turned it off it became even more a default bonus to the faction.
It’s the same with Horde in the rest of NA, sure it’s only 10%, but why not when you don’t have to deal with challenges the bonus was supposed to offset.

There should never have been a bonus to encourage participation, it should have been purely choice as well as the PvP rewards.

1 Like

Is the game actually just broken?
As a frostmourne ALLIANCE player, we get the complete opposite, outnumbered 10:1 by horde and no other alliance will help.

Is the game designed to just crap on EVERYONE that isnt a premade?

3 Likes

There should have never been a reason to DISABLE pvp realms.

Blizzard gave us no consideration, it was to appease the idiotic PVE players that chose to play on PVP servers.

4 Likes

Probably, although I’d imagine a lot of the situation with that is that the small amount that do turn warmode on do it in groups to farm CTA or whatever the quest is called.

Since population is based off the shard, people could simply be at the other side of the zone. Alternatively they could be just active in warmode for the bonus and not be interested in helping in actual PvP.

Yeah pretty much. Even as Alliance on what was pre-warmode a Horde dominant server group it was never as bad as it is now.

Sure you were often outnumbered 2-3 to 1 but those odds were manageable. Either you could outplay/outgear them, manage to at least kill one, or even just escape against those numbers.
It felt threatening but not unbeatable.

Todays 10+:1 imbalance is just ridic in all senses.

What you’re actually just seeing is that nobody wants to PvP, they’re just forced into it. So when given an option, so many turned it off that the balance is all out of whack.

I love Warmode, it means I can raid, M+ etc with my friends who are PvP nuts, and not be forced in to situations where I get camped by other people, as that’s what used to happen.

Eh it was alright on release. Alliance greatly outnumber Horde on OCE shards but participation appeared to be higher on for Horde numbers.

Taking that into account the during 8.0 there appeared to be reasonable balance between the factions.

However with the current bonuses more Horde simply turned it off because Alliance who were already a majority received massive advantage to turn it on. That threw out the balance and made it not worthwhile as Horde to have on, unless you were specifically doing PvP quests as a group.

Not sure how it is for servers like Dreadmaul and Thaur, but if you are on a server that groups with Frostmourne there is really no reason to turn warmode on ever.

Also, to clarify this is as a player who has loved wPvP for years, even as the underdog.

Another clarification, I do agree with what you said about people bowing out, however I don’t believe that is the primary reason and you can see that if you look at Horde participation in warmode on OCE from 8.0 through to 8.3.
If anything the people bowing out helped to stablize the warmode population in the early months (in my opinion)

1 Like

Atoning for your sins and joining the Alliance would be far easier or might I suggest that you try turning off Warmode. There’s no need to struggle, I offer you Zugzugs salvation.

I honestly thought both factions got bonuses for having warmode on for the risk of pvp, the fact that only one faction gets the reward is pathetic and a disgrace.

Both get the base reward of bonus xp and things, alliance just get a health and damage bonus against horde.

Actually, only Alliance get the Against Overwhelming Odds quest which gives a piece of Heroic Raid gear for killing 25 of the opposite faction. The problem is that the calculation for Horde v Alliance ratio isn’t done well.

As it is now, there’s a roughly 3k imbalance favouring Alliance on Oceanic as a whole, which isn’t too bad. However, over half the Alliance population is concentrated on Frostmourne whereas the Horde population is more concentrated on Barthilas. Now I’m not certain whether Oceanic is all the same shard, but there’s clearly something wrong with this, for instance Thaurissan has an Alliance population of 40.

During earlier BfA days I had Warmode turned on and it was a lot of fun. The minute they offered significant PvE incentives, it turned bad and hasn’t been the same since. There should not be PvE incentives for people to participate in PvP or vice versa.

Barth and Frost are sharded together in open world. The buff for alliance meant that their slightly larger numbers had a much easier time dominating horde which then led to a very large section of the horde player base turning off war mode.

1 Like

10% is really not worth it in long run. Do the math an you will see you are losing more time than gaining.

1 Like

Horde 10% vs Alliance 30%…huge difference.

And Alliance getting the ‘Against Overwhelming Odds’ quest which grants them Heroic level gear again is a huge incentive and allows them to gear faster…while actually having the numerical advantage in OCE.

Seeing as OCE realms are different to US it can’t be that hard to change the quests/percentages per region can it? Just a blanket change for all OCE realms to make it more even and represent the faction numbers here.

I have boycott the crap out of warmode since they introduced those broken bonuses. Why work harder for less?

Waaaaaait, what? This isn’t happening is SL, right?

Oh i’m actually not sure…I hope not.

Bit unfair as an Oceanic Hordie, outnumbered while Alliance also getting more Warmode rewards. Hopefully this quest, which used to give Heroic level gear isn’t in SL…I have hope since they’re slowing down the gearing process and IMO seem to be making some good changes.

1 Like