Dear Blizzard ! PLEASE READ and Reply TY

I am i’m sure 1000’s+++++++++++++++ would LOVE for you to add the REAL LFG Finder not this lame generic one where people pick and choose others it’s sooo annoying that i and prolly 1000’s others get denied bcuz of our class ! that’s the only thing i and 1000’s +++++ truly care about Not LFR but LFG <------

6 Likes

They already did a poll on LFG vs RDF and LFG won

Also maybe try requesting to join a group, I did that and was insta picked, a lot of groups don’t care, they just want to form and go

2 Likes

my main is a priest and i get into a group all the time…

1 Like

So let me ask you this then. Say we get RDF and people are gatekeeping classes as you say they are, whats to stop the group from just kicking said class if they get them in a random dungeon?

1 Like

Thank you…?

For what?

Link said poll then.

1 Like

This never happened. Can you provide evidence?

4 Likes

You’re lying they never polled. Show us otherwise.

2 Likes

the timer that prevents it from happening

Okay and if people are toxic enough to gatekeep (as people keep saying) you don’t think they would wait for the timer be up or the person they want gone to just leave?

RDF had some features that inhibit people’s abilities to do things like this. It isn’t perfect and people will find a way, but compared to the current state where players are in total control with no safety systems, they have a greater deal of control. If you’re a toxic player that wants to play like this, I’d imagine you don’t want RDF.

The “gatekeeping” is a red herring. Stop being a jerk, discussing identity politics, or being an edge lord in lfg and perhaps you will not end up on so many ignore lists. If you are not getting group invites it has nothing to do with your class, spec or gear, it is because you are a jerk that other people do not want to play with. This is a perfect example of why no LFD is a GOOD thing.

Lol what makes you think people wouldn’t just vote kick you in RDF? Especially going shadow before getting mind sear. If you want to be desired for groups, play disc.

I want it, and it does nothing to mitigate toxicity, just like lfg does nothing to stop these people from making their own group where they’re in control.

If absolutely no one wants to play with them and thus they find it impossible to make their own group, that’s going to carry over into RDF anyway. They will be kicked and the dps spot will immediately fill with someone else.

The gatekeeping argument is just over dramatized hyperbole.

Having a timer at the start that prevents kicking is a mitigation… I’m not saying it makes a person less toxic, but rather it prevents them from a toxic behavior for a few minutes. At which point you may as well just finish the dungeon since they are so fast anyway. If you decide to just wait it out, then a cost is imposed on you for the behavior. That’s a mitigation.

Also, requiring a majority vote to exercise that choice is a mitigation. You need compliance in your choices.

No, you kick as soon as the timer is up because dps spots fill in under a second.

You also can just hold the group hostage until they either agree to kick or they remove you. If the tank says to kick someone or they’re leaving, most dps will just side with kicking the player to avoid waiting for a new tank.

Yeah, I understand that. It still costs you time and requires complicit teammates.

Not all. Plus, if it backfires and you get kicked or leave, you get a debuff preventing you from going again right away.

It’s still a mitigation. I’m not arguing the efficacy. Just that the mitigations exist.

In my experience with RDF, I can’t think of a single time this happened back in the day. The content was so fast and easy it just made sense to roll it rq and move on. Besides, the important gear doesn’t drop from here beyond phase 1 so there isn’t much reason to kick for fear of competition.

This time around could be different since the player base today is not what it once was.

You don’t remember people being kicked for wearing cosmetic hats or being gnomes? When’s the last time you played retail and did RDF?

I’m not saying retail. I’m saying WOTLK back when it was current. I haven’t played any PVE content since MOP or at all since WOD.

Hence, this