Dead Space Remake

For long time fans of the series it is definitely worth picking up.

I’m up to chapter 3 and despite my apprehensions of giving Isaac a voice, they’ve really ramped up the hazard factor onboard the ship, no more strolling through cleared areas of the ship for free max loot. Those Necromorphs will be ambushing you throughout any hike you take through the ship.

And the suit cosmetic addons are golden…perfection. Particularly the Infested skin that makes Isaac look like he’s stepped out of a blender.

There is a definite change in the chapter pathing and the way weapons upgrade are slightly different but more or less still functionally the same as the original. Though they have change some of the weapons useability/functionality the pulse rifle for instance uses the grenade launcher ability rather than the AOE plant that it use to. I still have alot of playing to do before I see what the other weapons are capable of.

2 Likes

I feel bad 4 days and no response to this. Dead space was an amazing game including dead space 2! I wish people in this forum would think outside the box, wow isn’t the only game out there. I was never really into thriller games, due to anxiety, but I did play both games with a friend. I believe we played it on XBOX App, but I see they ported it to Steam.

The cosmetics were pretty righteous in the game, and the weapon smithing in the game was so confusing. Ultimately, its about what does the most damage, and its the very last minute you should have equipped an aoe ammunition to deter that ambush’s from the necromorphs.

Also, floating in space was really satisfying

1 Like

Incidentally when the Story last left off the Moons had found Earth and had begun eating it’s inhabitants.

We have no clue what they plan to do once they have finished with Earth but there is no shortage of Human Colonies for them to individually run towards so Isaac Clarke will probably figure out a way to kill the Brethren Moon his Ship has crashed into before it eats the Planet it has arrived at.

He may have to use Planet Crackers to wipe out all 7 of these things.

My only critique is Isaac looks REALLY different from how he did in the original games. His skin and hair.

But new Isaac looks even more like “Just a dude” which fits since he’s an engineer.

Its fun watching new players just fall in love with the plasma cutter.

cope is real.