Dead Server's, GM Response please!

If you think GMs are here to look at suggestions, you’re mistaken.

1 Like

Even if its unlikely or even impossible to most. I still want it out there. Thank you for your input.

You might have better luck on the CS Forums than here, in GD, if “free transfers” are in the works. But, um, I would not command a Blue to respond, however. Members of the community are a tad bit nicer on the CS forums, than here (the GD Forums). Although, Blues can respond more there (in the CS Forums) than here (the GD Forums).

You can suggest, here (as in the GD Forum), that they should offer free transfers. Or, you can use the in-game suggestions box. GL!

1 Like

Questions and community response, yes. Feedback from devs, no.

And that’s perfectly fine. No one told you that you couldn’t post. Only that a dev response isn’t going to happen.

4 Likes

Good luck OP.

Why do you want the opinion of people who can’t do anything about this issue?

Besides that, your complaint is that the realm population is too low. So your solution is to lower the population even further with free transfers.

That’s… not a very likely solution. If anything would be done with free transfers it would be to enable transfers to the realm, not from it.

Then you didn’t read the entire thing. I also suggested a complete realm closure, with everyone getting migration to another realm. : )

The OP did create the thread initially on the CS forum but it was moved to GD - where it belongs. Suggestions are not something the Forum Support agents can pass on to the Dev teams. That is something the CMs do as part of their job.

The issue of low pop realms is well known and in the past realms have been combined to help with that. Future plans for any more realm consolidation have not been announced. If the Devs decide to do that, they will have an announcement posted.

Free transfers are not offered off of low pop servers. Those are only used to reduce queues on high pop servers.

The current option is to use the paid transfer service which now does have bundles to reduce cost for multiple characters.

2 Likes

That is not how low populations are handled. They handle it by offering free migrations from higher population realms to the lower pop realm.

You can certainly suggest they do this, in the General Forum. Here, feedback/suggestions are not passed to the developers, like they are in that forum.

2 Likes

IK this. If you actually fully extract what I ACTUALLY said, you’ll see that’s EXACTLY what I said:

That’s NOT the same thing as “making a suggestion”. And, I do acknowledge that suggestions are for here (the GD Forum) OR the in-game Suggestions box, as my FULL comment says:

But, ty for misconstruing what I said :+1:

1 Like

Right, So what you are saying. Is that i pay for each expansion like everyone else. But us as a whole. Should be responsible for the servers THEY set in place? But then once they become unplayable. Then it just becomes free money for them? So hey. Throw 25-30$ at it then we will care?

If they haven’t mentioned server merges for DF the response would be, server merges not happening.

My server is in the same boat. Draenor and Echo Isles, that’s it just the two of us and people are fleeing the server because it’s dead.

Might as well delete Draenor and Echo Isles.

:panda_face:

1 Like

Yeah, i was afraid of this. Its unfortunate.

1 Like

CS has no knowledge of server transfers though until they are announced by Devs. Same with pretty much anything else. There is absolutely nothing CS can do which is why CS moved this to GD originally.

1 Like

I Don’t believe the recent realm closures went all that well. And Blizzard has bigger realm population issues at the moment than low pop servers.

Events over the past 3-4 weeks have really just slipped out of control for a while.
With the Dragonflight pre-patch coming down, which will likely have its own set of issues, I just don’t see Blizzard opening up the possibility of a new set of problems arising from closing servers until after Dragonflight launches.

2 Likes

I’m saying low pop to use their standard. Unplayable is what i’d go for. Because it is.

1 Like

Which they can say like “not that we’re aware of” which would answer that portion, of the OP’s question.

That’s when the OP can come here (the GD Forums) OR utilize the Suggestions Box to make the suggestion. It was nice of the Blues to:

So, the OP didn’t have to re-make the thread. I’ve seen advice from Blues telling others to make the suggestions here (in the GD forum) and NOT move the threads here (the GD forum). So, the OPs re-make the threads, here (in the GD Forum). The Blue didn’t have to move it, but it’s very gracious of them to do so.

1 Like

Except the OP has moved it back to the CS forum now :frowning:

There was nothing wrong with your post - it was good. My point was more to the OP that CS can’t help in this case and can’t provide any information.

This is on the Devs to resolve and when/if that happens it will get announced in a News post/page.

1 Like

And, I’ve been trying to clear things up, if they mistook what I said due to this clashing of advice.

Then tell them that and not misconstrue what I said.

Hey, OP, it looks like a Mod moved this to the GD forums, so it’s probably best if it goes back there since you’re (also) making a suggestion which suggestions belong in the GD forum and not the CS forums. As that’s kind of the Mod’s response is that there’s no possible “free transfers” in the works. So, we can leave this thread in the GD forums and leave it, at that.