De Other Side(Spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-A1nw963Fc

Bwomsamdi apparently struck bargains with the Manastorms, the Broker Rare in Ardenweald and Hakkar.

We visit Ardenweald(the Broker), the World of the Living(Manastorms) and the Emerald Dream(Hakkar) and kill them(aside from the Manastorms) though Bwomsamdi says Hakkar will be back since you can’t keep a bad Loa down.

Of course Hakkar will be a Spirit(just like the Bosses in the Emerald Nightmare were reduced to Spirits after we killed them) until he goes to the Shadowlands(and if he goes before everything is fixed he is going straight to the Maw and the Jailer).

They are all defeated (in order to reclaim Bwomsamdi’s lent Mojo) before he can use Bwomsamdi’s Mojo they borrowed for their goals…

The Manastorms survive. Hakkar is going to have to strike bargains with Zovaal the Jailer to get out of the Maw no doubt.

2 Likes

pretty sure the manastorms just give up and don’t die

edit: yeah you can see them walk around fine after the fight

3 Likes

So we beat them into giving up Bwomsamdi’s Mojo in the end… Very funny!

It’s interesting that the Great Dark Beyond is accessed from the middle passage between the passages to the Realms of Life(Emerald Dream) and Death(Ardenweald).

Hakkar’s Realm in the Emerald Dream is interesting and insane compared to Ardenweald…

Having to fight a Rare(the Broker) as a Dungeon Boss is comedic as well. Seeing him fire off Broker Portal/Displacement Magics as weapons was exciting too.

There is actually nothing to imply it’s any of these realms, stands to reason all three pocket dimensions are subpockets of The Other Side which in turn is a subpocket of Ardenweald within the Fallen Tree/Dusky Grotto zones

They are not dead! Didn’t you watch the streams?! You literally leave them at like a few percentage points, they give you the mojo back, Millhouse says “I’d rather lose the mojo than lose her!”, and they walk into their house (?) together.

Correct but quite clearly Hakkar they are within the Shadowlands itself already, what’s interesting here is Bwon implies Hakkar can return from death within the Shadowlands.

What’s also interesting that you failed to mention is:

1. Bwon tells Mueh “you never cared about your people”
  2. It’s clear Mueh was “the boss” Bwon mentioned in BFA, i.e. Bwon is in fact just a psychopomp/Loa of Graves/Loa of the Dead whereas Mueh is the Loa of Death
  3. At the end Bwon usurps Mueh completely and binds Mueh using the same totems Mueh used to bind Bwon
5 Likes

Similar to Motherload and Venture Co headquarters, does the existence of this dungeon mean that we never actually get to see or experience the troll afterlife, since it’s just a dungeon? That really sucks if this is how things are being handled.

13 Likes

Is the Emerald Nightmare Raid literally in Val’Sharah? Is the Ny’alotha Raid literally in Uldum and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms?

You act as if De Other Side is part of Ardenweald yet for all you know it is a similar situation as the Emerald Nightmare and Ny’alotha!

1 Like

Those are dimensional portals within a physical location, where Valsharah we know is uniquely connected to the Dream and thus the Nightmare and Nyalotha portal is where Nzoth is primarily assaulting.

You are implying there’s a dimensional portal to various places within a death pocket dimension within a dimensional portal within a realm of death. They are not the same.

1 Like

Welcome to WoW where Trolls always get reduced to dungeons almost every expansion lol

16 Likes

I’m just glad to see Bwonsamdi making deals with other races. I argued in another thread it never made sense he’d limit himself to trolls.

But to Mueh during the encounter he says “Ya never cared about your people, only power”, as in implying that he (Bwon) does care about [his] people, i.e. trolls.

So he remains focused on trolls which is nice.

5 Likes

Hakkar’s role is kind of disappointing but at least he’s not perma-dead.

It is also kind of odd that Bwonsamdi, Mueh’zala’s servant, has more worshipers than Mueh’zala has. Bwonsamdi had a massive temple on Zandalar proper while Mueh’zala only had a small shrine in the Sandfury area.

Also not thrilled with the implication that trolls have been having their souls devoured by Mueh’zala all this time. I guess trolls have been lining up to go to Hell willingly all these years.

About what I expect from Blizzard’s handling of the troll race to be honest.

27 Likes

Where does it say that mueh’zala was devouring their souls?

People don’t generally worship gods of death, so it’s not really surprising that he doesn’t have a temple. Bwon makes deals all the time so it makes since that there would be a temple for him.

Not in the dungeon, but that is how he was characterized in Traveler. He devours souls.

Granted I don’t know if Traveler is canon or not, but it is also the only other place where Mueh’zala has speaking lines. So… I dunno.

7 Likes

Fortunately, in the Traveler all the lore that is delivered on Mueh’zala is delivered from an in character perspective, not a ‘word of god’ perspective. So that may be the specific interpretation of him that is given by those characters, without being a universally true concept.

Spoilers for Traveler-

I am pretty sure that the exact context it is brought up is to a group of prisoners the Farraki are about to execute. Generally speaking they were trying to play up the fear and terror that would come with such a fate to the victims, rather than giving objective and nuanced facts.

6 Likes

Yeah, Bwon might do some shady things, but he has a code of ethics.

7 Likes

All Souls in the Shadowlands either become beings or get ground up into anima. We know from BFA questing that Bwon gains power via simply having more souls and powerful souls in his care, but Mueh might have gone a step further and taken some souls and turned them into anima to devour. We also know he’s been directing anima to the Jailer for a while now too, so that requires destroying souls that Bwon led to The Other Side.

I’m mostly worried for where Rastakhan is. So far in datamining there is zero Rastakhan anywhere, and he swore to serve Bwon in death for all eternity. So I expected him to at least be the one guiding us in the dungeon trying ot save Bwon and take down Mueh.

3 Likes

Considering some of the things trolls do and who they pray to I could believe it.

Balance be important!

That’s rather fascinating and has me convinced that Hakkar will be one of those bosses who return later in the expansion. Like Gara’jal the Spiritbinder, who was fought in Mogu’shan Vaults and later the Throne of Thunder. After all why hint at his return from death in an expansion in the afterlife if not to foreshadow his return?

Perhaps or perhaps not. After all WoD I never dismiss the possibly of any zones being introduced as dungeons/raids or zones. And if Hakkar is one of those returning characters he could easily be apart of an Other Side zone seeing as how he wants to become the Loa of Blood and Death.

I have a feeling that Rastakhan will be on of those dungeon wqs things for Shadowlands. Like one of Hakkar’s or Mueh’zala’s cronies have captured him and are trying to drain him or something to help weaken Bwonsamdi and we have to save him.

1 Like