DDR 5 @ 1 Command Rate

I’ve purchased a g.skill 32gb memory kit (2x 16gb modules) to run on my i9-13900K and cannot get the RAM to post when 1T timings are selected. What’s up with that?

Ram specs?
Motherboard?

Speculations lead to believe motherboard can’t support it. Overclock is never guaranteed

2 Likes

DDR 5 at this time is bleeding edge for a lot of the consumer boards. You’re going to run into problems as a new user.

Fun to play with new tech but you’re the guinea pig to find the problems for newer iterations of DDR 5 to fix.

Everything I’ve read is 1T is hard to get stable and not worth your time. 2T is fine, very small difference in performance.

RAM overclocking and tweaking is one of the more involved and time consuming things to do on a system and generally not worth it unless you’re just bored.

I run my memory at 6000 CL32 and 2T. It runs great. Not gonna bang my head against the wall to try to get a tiny bit more performance out of it.

1 Like

Actually that got me about 20% perf on my old 10700. With AMD X3D chips I agree it’s not worth it. With specific setups and games it might very well be worth it.

Maybe, but if you’re asking specifically the WoW forums about it vs. someplace dedicated to overclocking, then you probably are out of your depth trying.

Getting an actually stable memory OC isn’t a quick thing

1 Like