Day Night Cycle Thread Capped

Sorry, that should have been we are stuck with it FOR NOW.. That was my fault. (I wasnt paying attention when i was writing- note to self - dont post when on a call.)

Apologies.

but IN MY OPINION they are in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation so it makes things really difficult.

Agreed. Ouch.

While I personally don't even notice day/night ingame (yeah I'm weird I guess) that doesn't mean I don't want a solution for you people who do and I do truly hope that eventually they can find a way to appease you all.

Some have noticed it, some havent TBH..some have actually thought that this was "normal", so its a mixed bag at best.

A few days ago I couldnt sleep , logged in at 3am...and OMG WHAT a difference.

Its start Nov now, what i intend to do is wait till maybe end Dec, check in to see whats cooking. With all the other recent brouhaha on their plates, i can well imagine the ANZ team is kinda up to their elbows in alligators.

What youve told me is:

They know.
Its on the radar.
It isnt an easy fix.
It hasnt been forgotten, and neither have we.

So for now, we wait, which is fine by me.

Lastly:

I had a question on another completelly different matter for you: ask it here or make a new thread?
11/05/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Aehl
I had a question on another completelly different matter for you: ask it here or make a new thread?

Prob best to make another thread if it's a completely different topic, but again I'll reply if I can or have info I can share but no guarantees.
11/05/2018 03:33 AMPosted by Narull
Blizzard ANZ are reading this (Hi, please don't assassinate me)

/salute
Takralus

Whilst you are here, please note what I said to Narull.

If, as he says , the night and day issue is why the Blues dont post here (as in they will get jumped on), and this is the barrier that prevents CM communication with the OCE playerbase, this is now a matter that requires urgent attention.

I agree with him, the flipside is, and please forgive me for being frank, that situation cannot be allowed to continue. Its a catch 22 , agreed..its also a vicious cycle that has led to a lot of ill will that is, and I will be clear, NOT ANYONES FAULT in specific.

Fingerpointing and blame exacerbate the problem. This isnt a "who" problem (and never was), this is a WHAT problem.

I am glad to see you, but it has been far too long...I am trying to put this the best way I can and if I am clumsy thats on me:

The silence CANNOT continue and an answer has to be found.

It is not conducive to good relations, it is not conducive to communication...and it has to a great degree, IMO, contributed to the fact that the OCE forums have been abandoned because of that lack of interaction.

This entire thing is a mess....leaving it unchecked or unaddressed will create more issues...back when I used to work in escalated complaints, we had a small sign up on the wall:

(Expurgated version)

"Problems that arent addressed are like mice...ignore them , they will run away to dark places and start breeding"

I am well aware it isnt an easy fix, I understand that fully. From my POV, the longer it is not attended to, the worse it will get.

You can only do what you can, we all know that.

It is not as much the underlying issue, as it is the end result of that issue is why it should be a priority.

When a problem causes staff to not to be able to communicate at all with the very playerbase they want to interact with in the first place....something has to be done. It is getting in the way of the CMs doing the job they are meant to do, and WANT to do, so now both sides are stuck on this treadmill.

How does this help any of us? How does this help you? Is this where we still want to be in another two years?

Neither of us want that. I know it and you know it.

So: How do we solve this?

How do we break this cycle?
1 Like
BTW

Can you either leave this one open, or reopen the other old thread?

Leave one open / uncapped for feedback.
Playing yesterday afternoon, going to Drustvar for some WQ, and it was just so dark.

It's depressing.

I don't care if NPC Billy Balls is carrying a torch, because people on the other side of the world are asleep. It's mid afternoon, the sun is out, and I wan't to see daylight where I am.

Can this be a toggle of some kind, where a user has to 'opt-in' and by doing so 'acknowledges that Americans will be carrying torches to see in the middle of the day'. It's not like this isn't how we view you anyway.
2 Likes
I often play on a nocturnal schedule despite living in the US. If we have the night potion, we really could just add a day potion. Seems like a simple enough solution.
1 Like
11/06/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Aehl

We already have, you yourself said there was no threads that need blue attention and it's been proven they are watching.

As for the old thread, let it die, this one is a lot better and a lot more logical discussion, reviving the old one would take all of that away.
11/06/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Takralus

/salute

WE HAVE A CM?!
2 Likes
11/06/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Narull

As for the old thread, let it die, this one is a lot better and a lot more logical discussion, reviving the old one would take all of that away.

Your prescense may have quelled some of the raging passion from that last board. Or the DKs have left so no-one is Blood Boiling anymore. Either way this thread feels a lot more constructive.

11/06/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Takralus

/salute

Ah Takralus lives, we can call off the cadaver hounds. Which is good, I think they've been eyeing off Narull's femur for a while
11/06/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Narull
11/06/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Aehl

We already have, you yourself said there was no threads that need blue attention and it's been proven they are watching.

Sorry but Aehl is not the spokesperson for the Oceanic playerbase, and them saying "There are no threads needing blue attention" is one sole subscriber's opinion, and should be taken as such.

Now I am going to come across as crass, obstinate, angry and aggressive, but frankly I couldn't give a toss at this point. For the many years I've played WoW I've been by far on the US servers - Greymane to be specific. As completely stupid as it sounds (at least to anyone with an inkling of IT knowledge), I get better latency more often than not staying on those realms than playing on Nagrand Oceanic.

I'm a shiftworker so am used to looking at night scenes more than day when I play (as I said most of my years have been on Greymane, which means playing their nights), so night/day is not so much of an issue for me personally. I do however know of many, many players that work 9-5 who are sick of always looking at night scenes.

Yet in all my years of play I have NEVER suffered the lag problems I have seen since sharding was introduced. A problem that has been put in the too hard basket by Blizz because it means too much work to fix (or totally dumping sharding). In fact, as proved in other forum posts (across all regions) it took absolute ages for anyone from Blizz to even acknowledge it as a problem.

How much subscriber time was wasted by CM's and green posters saying rubbish like "rename x & y, delete all addons, run repair and smile as the roses grow!" Not everyone who raises a ticket or posts in the forum got their first computer last week, in fact many of us were online before WWW existed lol.

The fact that either CM's or green posters treat us like kids/fob us off is what raises the anger, not having a blue post something honest like "Sorry but you're a minority in the scheme of things, we fix it for you it upsets the majority of our customer base."

Now you might be a really nice person, or you may be protecting your green text (text colour is important to some people I know, makes them feel superior). Frankly I don't care either way - as you have said yourself you are not speaking with any authority, and everything you type is only your opinion.

Blizzard (sorry, Activision) is a business and as such it's sole purpose is to make money. To do so when making decisions they weigh up who it's going to affect the most - US customers (main income source) vs Oceanic customers (nice sideline income source). If Activision feel that a decision is going to negatively impact their main customer base (USA) they are not going down that path.

To summarise and finish:
You state not enough people complain on this forum to make it worthwhile for a blue to post. I state have a look at the numbers of all WoW forums in all regions and divide number of individual posters vs individual subscribers as a percentage. Using maths there has NEVER been a forum post worthwhile of a blue's attention!

Using the same logic the US & Euro forums would be bereft of blue posts, or at the very least be more akin to Oceanic - 1 or 2 blue posts every few years lol. Instead we have Ythisens posting on everything from serious questions to inane commentary on rubbish.

So my very serious question to you is, why the hell would the majority of the Oceanic playerbase waste their time posting in what they see as a dead, silent, ignored forum? A quick and easy search of the forum shows you exactly how bad Blizzard's communication is with their Oceanic playerbase (as you have said, being a green you are NOT representing Blizzard, only your own opinions).

BTW in case you were wondering, Takrulus having a reponse of "/salute" is in no way, shape or form considered to be a constructive blue reply to the many forum posts of subscribers over the years - my 6yo son can give that reply on a keyboard! At least Ythisens uses sentences, gotta give him that much lol.
1 Like
Sorry but Aehl is not the spokesperson for the Oceanic playerbase

Never said I was.

Just had to step up and try.
I wish there was an option to at least reverse the display of the day / night cycle.

I logged in at lunchtime as I had a day off, and my god it was a completely different game. Boralus in the sunshine? I didn't know it existed, I thought it was permanently dark.

Seem pretty silly to have Sydney based servers aligned to US time zones. I know that they're load balanced and for DR reasons they are in the same cluster, but even having a mod or an option to inverse the lighting and skybox would make an absolute WORLD of difference.

Can someone at Blizzard raise a sneaky ServiceNow ticket to have this done?
Seem pretty silly to have Sydney based servers aligned to US time zones.

Yeah I know.

Now all we can do is wait for a possible fix.

Ah Takralus lives, we can call off the cadaver hounds. Which is good, I think they've been eyeing off Narull's femur for a while

Dont do that, he wont have a leg to stand on.

Literally.
11/07/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Arthuris

Sorry but Aehl is not the spokesperson for the Oceanic playerbase, and them saying "There are no threads needing blue attention" is one sole subscriber's opinion, and should be taken as such.

Never said he was, however I was replying to him hence I quoted him.

11/07/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Arthuris

Yet in all my years of play I have NEVER suffered the lag problems I have seen since sharding was introduced. A problem that has been put in the too hard basket by Blizz because it means too much work to fix (or totally dumping sharding). In fact, as proved in other forum posts (across all regions) it took absolute ages for anyone from Blizz to even acknowledge it as a problem.

How much subscriber time was wasted by CM's and green posters saying rubbish like "rename x & y, delete all addons, run repair and smile as the roses grow!" Not everyone who raises a ticket or posts in the forum got their first computer last week, in fact many of us were online before WWW existed lol.

You seem to be mistaking CMs for Tech Support, the CMs have no control over our servers, sharding, lag issues, routing problems and more, tech support however do, the posts here having issues with lag really don't belong here because tech support don't check this forum regularly, how I or one of the ANZ CMs may pass along a thread here but if you have an issue like this it should be posted in the tech support forums where the people who make these changes and investigate these issues can see it.

Literally if you wanted a CM to reply to your lag issues it would basically be 'Go post here' because tech support/lag/routing/any server issue isn't a CMs job to be posting about.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011701/ is the forum you want for your issue mate and you can hate me all you like I don't mind, but that's the facts, nowhere in a CMs job description (and I know I tried) is 'tech support help' or such.

All of that is handled by QA/Tech Support not Community Managers.
To change the appearance on the in-game time of day, we could look into some cosmetic tech that would change the skybox based on the home-server’s timezone.

I look at the screen in Boralus and I look outside...and here we are two years later, still playing in the dark.
1 Like
Sure was nice of Sinnabun to prove my point for me in the Congrats Free Marsy thread.

Here I was hoping that as I'd pointed it out people would be smart enough to not do it.

Sinnabun if you read this, I guarantee to you that if/when Blizzard have an update they will post about it.

This thread is good, keep up the discussion, but as there is clearly no update atm don't think that trying to go off topic in other topic threads will help at all, all it does is make you look bad and discourages blue posts at all.
This thread is good, keep up the discussion, but as there is clearly no update atm don't think that trying to go off topic in other topic threads will help at all, all it does is make you look bad and discourages blue posts at all.

I am content to wait, Narull, thats no problem.

I just hope that we hear something soon.

Your point about it not being an easy fix is well taken.....just that whilst it isnt urgent in the same way a gamebreaking bug can wreck an entire raid, it is in the fact that it has an impact across the board.

I have listened and learned, so that wont be an issue from now on. I wont use the word urgent because it isnt, but IMO I would use the term "a pressing need for attention".

It isnt critical, but at the same time it is a matter that does need to be addressed.

Thats fair, I think.

(It is just depressing as hell sometimes...(((()

I am pleased this carried over. At least we have continuity.

All posts that have been active in the last 2 weeks carried over so no worries there.