Day Night Cycle Thread Capped

bump, well years have gone by we have still stood here with our hands ready to fight, OCE will never give up we are prepared.

2 Likes

Bump. Prices going up and still cannot fix the day / night cycle for Oceanic.

Even Classic has it right…

Yeah would be nice. They even have an item in the game that would “fix” this but instead of making it easy to get they make it expensive and only work for 2 hours on a 12 hour CD.

WE PAY MORE WE DEMAND SERVICE!!!

But seriously fix the bloody issue.

1 Like

Totally agree but I don’t even think they listen on OCE forums.

What would give you that idea? Last time the Oceanic Community got a reply to anything someone said was here: Congratulations Free Marsy! - #2 by takralus-2943

Nov 2018.

Well Technically here: Oceanic In Game/Server Lag Issues - #143 by Kaivax March 2019 9 months after Lag issues were reported. The point being.

1. Oceanic post here and get no response.

2. We write in general, get told by US players "No one cares about Oceanic go put your issues in OCE GD and thus it gets downvotes/buried. We write on twitter and get told to write here.

3. We have complained about the issue of the Day night cycle and the in game calendar not being correct since 2016 and the only response ever EVER received was "we are monitoring the situation… back in like 2017 on the old forums.

1 Like

How is it 2020 and this is still a thing?

1 Like

This is ridiculous, Blizz just dont care about Oceanic

It’s 2021 and still a thing.

1 Like

Just wondering after reading alot of these posts. If there is two toys that flip the day/night cycle. Wouldnt it be a simple fix to just attatch those toy mechanics to the oceanic local time setting? Like you activate show local time and it essentially activates the corresponding effect of the toys while the local time setting is active? It wouldnt be changing the actual realm time settings. Just a visual effect for local time.

1 Like

That would require blizzard to care about oceanic players.

1 Like

So… I took more than a year off WoW, partly due to frustrations with the broken Day/Night cycle in amongst other things. I just came back, and, oh look, THIS STILL ISN’T FIXED! Seriously Blizzard, this isn’t even hard!

Let me give you some advice, drop your outdated 3 monthly waterfall development cycle, adopt agile development practices, lookup what velocity means and figure out how to fix simple things

I’m not sure they use a waterfall dev model, but if they do then agile would be an improvement. However, they might already be using agile.

No software development model can overcome mandates from executives that kill any/all efforts that don’t generate a return on investment (ROI). Where’s the ROI business case for a day/night cycle specific to Oceanic servers? If their exit surveys from those that have actually unsubscribed indicated a large swath of Oceanic players quit over day/night cycle, then clearly there’s a net profit to be gained by fixing that. Otherwise it’s “below the line” of backlog fixes for the next sprint (and any future sprints).

Shouldn’t be that way, and Blizz-of-Olde would have just fixed it, but Activision-Blizzard can’t seem to do anything unless it will retain/increase subs or generate new revenue (new cash shop items).

From Wowhead re 9.1:
“Memories of Brighter Times is a week long consumable which removes the darker Oribos skybox”
But OCE can’t play in daylight because reasons. At least give sunwarmed sand a similar treatment

1 Like

Just make it no cooldown and persists through death! It affects no one but the player why can’t we have this!? The darkness is getting on my nerves now.

1 Like

My comment was more sarcastic stab than genuine belief that they’d be using waterfall. My comment on velocity was serious enough though. There are already mechanisms in-game for applying daylight, so, addressing this issue is less technical complexity and more of a design decision.

Bump, cause this is still an issue. 2+ years since A CM acknowledged this issue, and that CM hasn’t been active since march 2020 according to their profile.

Seriously Blizz. It can’t be this hard, it was a thing before you made the absolutely brilliant idea to join us to US and massively increase both populations lag in Legion. Instead of, you know, attracting more customers in OCE

bump hmmm blizzard still not listening to us sadly :frowning:

at least night time in this xpac is actually quite light, like i can still see things

Ah you think night time is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the day-night cycle in action until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Played on US til Bfa because Dad wanted me to play there for some reason, until I realised it was dumb and swapped to OCE. 18 Years of playing this game and I’ve never seen the day-night cycle local to my time zone.

I stayed up til 3am to see the Daylight.
It was beautiful.

Pls fix Blizz

3 Likes