Day 11 of asking for class balance

I will make this thread every single day until Blizzard addresses the issues regarding class balance in SoM.

There’s been enough community concern and raid content altered to warrant at the bare minimum—some class balancing. Going for a “classic feel” when the game is just not classic anymore, is puzzling if not outright disingenuous. Exclaiming that, “melee heavy groups performed worse than more balanced groups”, is a woeful misrepresentation of the actual variables at play in your beta environment. (E.G endless mana from infinite distilled wisdom flasks)

Season of mastery is exciting for the changes being made, not the chance to play MetaClass#23489 through the same content. There is a place for no changes and that place is Classic Fresh.

20 Likes

I will make one thread every day asking for class balance… until I’m flagged for spam and banned from the forums

25 Likes

They aren’t doing class balancing. They have said so.

8 Likes

You really think this is gonna happen 5 days before launch? Be realistic.

Do you really think spamming the forums everyday will get you what you want?

Being loud and obnoxious never works.

It MIGHT happen for season 2. Focus on that. Patience.

3 Likes

som will be dead before bwl without class balance

3 Likes

We will see how the raids go but I’m hopeful that if the raids go the way we think they will without the endless flask spam that hopefully they will be forced to buff mana regen or do something mechanics wise to assist range further. I think it’s just pure laziness that they aren’t willing to tweak classes. They know that the meta classes are going to push even further ahead now but don’t care enough or want to put any more development in.

That being said I do like all the other changes that have been made. I just believe they indirectly worsen class balance.

2 Likes

Mind blowing they basically gave Beta a thumbs up with this happening…i’m concerned they’ll only nerf and not fix anything.

1 Like

You should start this after season 1 cause they aint doing it this season pimp I can tell you that much

1 Like

In order words, you are going to behave like a stuborn child.

7 Likes

Daily rambles of someone to invested into a hobby. I’m sure this will be a good read.

2 Likes

It’s obviously too late for balancing SOM, but I would like to see some class adjustments if there is a sseason 2.

But more than anything I would like to see faction queues so pvp servers have faction balance. Sure it might mean one side have hour long ques and there will be whining on the forums. But balanced pvp servers are the best pvp servers, I do not understand how Blizzard doesn’t understand this.

Which issues, and what changes are you asking for?

I mean good luck, I doubt it will work.

Blizzard says a lot of things that they back track on.

“You think you do, but you don’t.”

3 Likes

Blizzard literally redesigned the entire shadow priest class one week before shadowlands launch. It’s not difficult to do minor adjustments like spell power ratios and mana costs. Stop giving a free pass to mediocrity. Repeated asking is how the majority of the quality of life changes actually took shape.

3 Likes

I’d say they’re open to balancing but it seems like they just didn’t have time given the release date they went with.

1 Like

“We want players to recognize their classes, both their strengths and their limitations, and we don’t want to create a situation where frequent balance changes are necessitated and leave players wondering what’s happening with their class from week to week.”

They’ve already stated they don’t want to make any class changes for SoM.

Personally, I’m fine with it, but of course I’m probably gonna play MetaClass#23489.

4 Likes

I remember how happy I was when Mind Flay was finally boosted to 30 yards base range before talents & could crit in WotLK. Every class & spec played so much better post-Vanilla for several xpacs before the overall downward trend of the game began. Still a shame that Blizzard didn’t “reimagine” Vanilla Classic(+) as an updated/improved game from the get-go, that retained its core soul while improving it, instead of simply recycling all the same class/ability/spec design mistakes of WoW beta & Vanilla.

2 Likes

I’m 100% favour of some class balancing, but Blizz has said they don’t want to make those tweaks in SoM and I think that’s fine. They’re changing some things and I think it makes sense to limit the scope of what happens so we can observe how those changes impact the game. If they change too much, it might be hard to differentiate the good changes from the bad changes.

You do you, OP, but I think it’s ok to not have class balance changes in SoM, but if you make this thread a year from now, you bet I’ll be right there beside you bumping away!

3 Likes

They already said No.

1 Like