Darkmoon Arcade - No prizes?

I was pretty excited for the darkmoon arcade as a way to get more darkmoon fair tickets from new games… And the games are pretty cool (Hex sweeper!!) but you don’t get anything for doing them. No tickets, no achieves… nothin. So like… :confused: What’s the point? Are prizes coming later?

The novelty of “oooh classic games now in wow!” wears off real fast without there being anything to work for.

9 Likes

Probably another bug.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing. No tickets for doing the game? Is it possible for Blizz to do anything without messing it up?

4 Likes

I think these are just meant to be “for fun”. Aren’t these just the same things we’ve been doing for dalies, but now in arcade from?

Wow, did not know that.

If doesn’t award the stuff, you need for the stuff and things, then why bother?

1 Like

I dunno, what reward did you get for playing an arcade game? Flashing lights and a “you won, clever person” sort of sign at the end was about it as I recall. You played for fun ultimately.

I’ll check it out and see but perhaps that was all they intended, for the funz and carnival atmosphere.

1 Like

Not everything needs a reward, pavlov

3 Likes

You don’t get anything for playing Candy Crush either except to go to the next level.
Maybe it’s supposed to be that way?

Bragging rights when you beat your friends high score!

1 Like

This is probably another one of Blizz’s “psychology” experiments to see how many players are willing to do content without getting anything, even DMF tickets or achieves, as a reward.

I would imagine if it is successful, this could lead to other new content being added that provides no rewards, either. Makes me wonder if I should try this stuff out or not.

/moo :cow:

7 Likes

Wait. Wait. Wait.

After all that screeching about everything being handed to anyone, the first sign of something existing just for fun’s sake is now considered evil?

This community…

6 Likes

Does seem a bit odd there’s not a daily or at least an award for finishing the max rank. But the hex game was a lot of fun except the b.s. final level which is a guessing game.

1 Like

just like real minesweeper :smiley:

yes, which is why i’m curious they bothered? we’re all already sick of doing dailies FOR rewards.

I’m not. I do the WQ ones on my lousy alts so they don’t have to kill anything and get beat up instead. Puzzle games are just fun.

1 Like

I mean, if there’s no reward…I’ll just play real minesweeper.

4 Likes

Yes but we pay for the opportunity to play for rewards, not fun.

If you want to play minesweeper for fun, go play actual minesweeper. It’s cheaper, peeper.

1 Like

I managed to beat all the levels on all of them except for Bull-E.

Bull-E… I don’t know how far that goes. I solved extremely far into it though, I mean to the point where the entire screen was basically a gigantic, saturated mess of nodes and tangled threads. It gets absolutely insane, where you’re breaking down the puzzles into like 40 different miniature shapes inside of a giant circle, and it takes you quite a while just to figure out where the thread from one node goes to. It would take me 20 min just to solve one of those.

After getting through about four of those totally insane levels, I ran out of time and had to leave for the computer and do some real world stuff.

I would’ve liked to have gotten to the end of that Bull-E stuff, not sure I’ll ever do that again though, because for some god awful reason they decided that you have to start over at the beginning if you quit at any point. I really can’t see why they selected THAT particular game as the “start over from the beginning if you ever lose” one. It’s obnoxious.

I’d actually enjoy it going through the rest of the levels on Bull-E, even without prizes, if they had just let us start from the level we ended on.

There was no prize associated with beating any of the others. Though I was curious if I had gotten to the end of Bull-E if there’d be some hidden feat of strength or something for beating all the arcade games to the end. Most fun one was definitely mine sweeper.

1 Like

I didn’t mention Minesweeper, you might want to check who did. Don’t even know what it is.

Who is this “we” you speak of? How about not generalising quite so much. I play for fun, and me personally I find fun in many gaming aspects. If you play for reward, that’s fine - go play something in the game that gives a tangible reward.

It’s that type of attitude that has turned this game into a grindfest of working for pixels with a minimum of pleasure involved. I’d far rather play something with no reward that gives me pleasure than grind endlessly for something that is ultimately ephemeral.

1 Like

Ought to atleast be achievements for it. If not outright giving you prize tickets…

I do seem to recall the blue post stipulating no rewards.

A very curious decision regardless. Nearly every activity in wow has a possible reward including achievement rewards specifically in DMF. Would nice to hear why they very purposefully didnt include them for this. Overall, a disappointment considering the rate of activities added to to DMF and holidays.