DarkIron - Where is Thrust/HA/AmonAmarth now?

I remember back in late WotLK these guys were awesome, and as a newer player I kind of idolized them in my lower tier guild which is funny because I can remember these guilds and barely my own raiding guild.

I hope time has treated them well.
Thrust went kaboom during BRF progression, basically reformed as Unrest. Unrest went kaboom during Nighthold, and everybody scattered to the winds. A few of us still kicking around, though.

I feel like Halcyon and Amon both fell apart during MoP, but can't recall for sure.
Most established guilds died, and bliz's open hostility towards the community as a whole has made sure few new guilds rise from the ashes.
12/28/2017 05:56 AMPosted by Basnagoth
Most established guilds died, and bliz's open hostility towards the community as a whole has made sure few new guilds rise from the ashes.

Just started playing again and I'm curious as to how Blizzard is being hostile towards the community, do you care to explain a bit?
we could start at constantly flipping around raid sizes and going full ham anti-melee on most fights (and anti-range on others) slide through lawsuits over fansites, the sheer awfulness that was pandaria followed up by the Godawfulness that was draenor and slam home into ignoring community feedback for most things (there are fairly major bugs Now, which were reported during the WoD beta.)

the guild management panel is Awful. the raid controls are awful. the ingame calendar is truly horrendous. the "personal loot" settings if you aren't all in the same guild.

add to that them shoving us all into smaller and smaller instance servers as players abandon ship, instead of doing a proper shard merge so our economies will balance out?

Yeah, pretty hostile towards the community.
Only the realest remember <WI> Horde
12/12/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Elzar
Thrust went kaboom during BRF progression, basically reformed as Unrest. Unrest went kaboom during Nighthold, and everybody scattered to the winds. A few of us still kicking around, though.

I feel like Halcyon and Amon both fell apart during MoP, but can't recall for sure.

Good to see that you still play, Elzar.
at first i was like, Weird. a current thread.

Then i saw my own name and realized it was a necro.

You aren't a DK. let the dead lie.
Good to see that you still play, Elzar.

Elzar, unlike our Savior, Grubby, has not abandoned us, although Grubby is with Dark Iron in Spirit, for I am Dark Iron, and I just got a pst from Our Savior, and the pst was...

What was I saying, again?

Anyways...

Before someone says "Don't necro", the way I see it, as of now, there's no year on these dates. What I'm seeing is this post is from the FUTURE! It will be edited December 12th... because obviously if there's no year it's from THIS Year, otherwise there would clearly be a year.

I’m replying simply because Spartacat graced us with his presence.

1 Like

What ever happened to Hardtix?

1 Like

Bask, bask in Glory!
Stand in the Sun!
Hail the Crown!

Mwuhahahaha.

Sh!
      =^.^=
       Re!

No clue, but I hope he is well, he is a cool Cat.

Lmao.
No. They are not hostile. Here let me grab something for you. Because what is going on is people are using false-equivalency and a whole lot of deliberately [or unknowingly?] Misusing words. I shall start with this.

*reaches for an English Lexicon*

Hostile: [adjective] : unfriendly, antagonistic, bellicose, unsympathetic, confrontational.

In no way has Blizzard been consistently or even remotely confrontational with their Customers there is literally no linear chain of evidence to support your ill-contrived diatribe, and it barely relates to the question – most of the things you described WERE what the players asked for. Just because you weren’t favored [which, really, reading what you typed – it is fundamentally what drives you to speak such] doesn’t mean they are hostile. [For one, you obviously, from the start, have no idea what that word [hostile] even implies. In fact, nearly everything you described, were in fact, errors in judgement, design and implementation – in addition to geopolitical factors, “capitalism” [which many of the people who speak like you, and similar personalities – almost like a cult – tout Commerce and Capitalism very highly, but again, it is the underlying sense of entitlement that it is you who should be catered to, because, “reasons”, and anyone who does not, is “your enemy” [hostile]…

I could go on, and on, but I am on mobile right now, and communicating on such is vexing.

Sh!
    =^.^=
      Re!

I am back on dalvengyr, a good server that had a lot of solid players. even though it is all a little different now, it is still my wow home

Amon Amarth died during cata (I quit wow after wotlk)… tail end of cata we came back and reformed for MoP under Strong Like Bear(SLB) 10 man. SLB merged with Thrust pre-patch WoD, turning into Unrest.

3 Likes

HA slowly died out in late Cata/MOP, most of us went to other realms and guilds. The core group still talks in game. - Daskovacs (Mage)

Man, I remember dueling spoh and neilyo even in a few of their montage videos. I use to hang with wildly inappropriate all the time.