Dark Transformation macro info

I’m trying to macro dark transformation into an attack with

/cast Dark Transformation
/cast Outbreak

but it doesn’t seem to work.

any ideas how to make it happen?

Dark Transformation and Outbreak are both on the global cooldown, so you can’t use them simultaneously. One has to be cast after the other.

ah damn, okedoke thanks, was just trying to save a button press

1 Like

Thats unholy dk’s major issue atm.

Too many dam buttons to start a fight

3 Likes

/castsequence, Dark Transformation, Outbreak

I’d remove that first comma after the initial castsequence, as it’s not needed, and may just break your macro from the start.

Then, you’re limiting Outbreak to only be cast after Dark Transformation, which restricts you to DT’s CD for every time you wan’t to cast Outbreak. Considering the removal of Outbreak’s initial refresh for it’s continual AoE application, this would be a massive no-no, as you’ll be casting it fairly frequently. I’d also suggest using a reset on target and time (3sec is ok) where a player can cast Outbreak multiple times throughout DT’s downtime.

So, if a player is setting a castsequence to utilise these two abilities (I’d strongly suggest not to, and find a suitable keybind), you could very well go for the line below:

/castsequence reset=target/3 Outbreak, Dark Transformation

Or you could use modifiers:

/cast [nomod] Outbreak; Dark Transformation

Where holding shift, control or alt will carry DT instead.

I would suggest a player just find another keybinding instead of messing around with castsequences. But in the case of a player sticking with this idea, the above is an option.

In further refinement to the macro:

#showtooltip
/targetenemy [noharm]
/startattack
/petassist
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast [nopet][@pet,dead] Raise Dead
/cast [nomod] Outbreak; Dark Transformation
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

This is not the optimal answer, as I believe finding a keybind would allow you more control for playing the game.

I do have the strong opinion of DT being off the GCD.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. And that is a significantly more advanced and effective way to do it.
However I was just going to give the one line that does the thing than try and craft an entire macro.

I use keybinds for DT and Outbreak so… I can say that it is certainly the better way to go but if someone wants the macro approach, they can.

That’s ok, and your intentions were in the right place :purple_heart:

I’d just swap the places of the abilities to avoid Outbreak being locked out from DT’s cooldown, and a reset to allow multiple uses.