Dark Portal to Outland?

I’m currently level 60 and I’ve spoken to the mage at the mage tower who then teleported me to the blasted lands. I then went into the portal but it doesn’t teleport me. What do I do?

By the swamp area there is a person standing on a ledge talk to them they will return you to old blasted lands…

I also tried that she doesn’t have the text that takes me back in time :3

That Portal will take you to the Draenor Outlands; you’ll need BC Outlands, and the Hellfire Peninsular Portal. I am not sure if this has been moved to the new Portal room?

1 Like

You could perhaps try the Shattrath portal in the portal room. Also maybe file an official report as this is starting to sound like a technical issue.

2 Likes

Alrght ill hearth back to stormwind and look in the portal room, if not ill post a ticket

In the portal room, there should be a portal for Shattrath. From there, fly where ever you want. That is where your wanting to go, right? Old BC Outlands.

Yes that’s correct, I did what you said and made it to outland :slight_smile: I think I should keep my ticket open to let blizzard know about how the dark portal doesn’t let you go through it, but thanks everyone for the help :slight_smile:

The dark portal is really tied to Draenor now. Which you can start doing that at level 90. That’s where you get your Garrison and such. But I’m glad you figured it out.

Had this same issue. I just went back to Org and ported to Shattrah.

Having the same issue here at lvl 60.
Will try to find this portal to Shattrath in Stormwind.

But now I have a quest that tells me to enter the Dark Portal. Will I still be able to complete it by going to Shattrath, and later flying to Hellfire?

I don’t know why people are having this problem, the portal worked fine for me. I flew to blasted lands, went through the portal and appeared at the stairs of destiny. No quests no nothing, it worked for me at level 58.

Maby the problem is you can’t do it over level 90?

Since the portal change it’s supposed to show up for people at the right level. There may be a breadcrumb trail in order to trigger it.

Yes, there is a breadcrumb quest. Its called To Outland. And it tells you to talk to the mage in the mage tower who ports you to the portal. Then the portal doesn’t work. You have to fly back to Stormwind and take the portal to Shat. You can the take the FP back o the portal if you want the very first quest, otherwise just fly to your base. As you get to your base To Outland will complete. It is a bug and has been reported on the bug forums. Plenty of others have had the same issue.

wat a mess omg

Normally, you should have a quest which tells you to speak to a mage in the portal room. The mage should teleport you just outside the dark portal, and walking through it should take you to outland.

If the game is broken and refuses to let you into outland, I suggest taking the shattrath portal and flying to either hellfire peninsula or zangarmarsh to start questing.

Did hearthing back to Stormwind, then taking the portal to Shat, then flying to the Dark Portal make the world feel big, immersive and awesome?

4 Likes

Maybe this is indeed the case. LOL
The devs want the game to feel epic again (in a boring way). I remember having to go to Kalimdor and many dangerous zones just to get a new pet (Succubus I think) for my alliance Warlock… WTF

I went through it on Cari and it brought me to Outland. I’m not sure what you mean

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just talked to the dragonflight lady to revert to the old Blasted Lands to see if that version of the Dark Portal would take me to Outland at lvl 120. No such luck. The portal is just an inactive graphic… doesn’t do anything if you move through it. Annoying. Much more valuable to have quick access to Outland Hellfire than stupid Stormshield.

1 Like