Dark Iron Community

I was wondering if there was a community of dwarves still around in this server, specifically Dark Irons, though I’d be happy with dwarves I. general, both to role play, but also to kick around ideas, like what would Dark Iron’s typically use for flying mounts, and do their paladins truly worship the Light, or are they powered by their self-righteousness and conviction for justice. Do Wildhammers find Ironforge a bit stuffy and confining, lacking the natural beauty and openness of the hill country? Just dwarves talk.

If there is some place for this sort of thing, where can I find it?

1 Like

(Ad time)

Hey, Magna Modan is a super chill, friendly casual community of dwarves and their allies. I am on my OOC but I main a Dwarf here on MG. We have several DI Dwarves in our ranks! Just look for any Magna Modan Dwarf online and we will gladly accept you! /it sounds like a cult but it isn’t

Answering your questions…

Dark Iron Dwarves can use not only Gryphons but also machinery! Helicopters and planes, back when they tried to bombard Kharanos (Dwarf starting quest line).

DI Paladins, in the dungeon, can wield the Light (they use Healing and other spells). As for their Faith, I don’t know if they believe in the Holy Light or in their former master, Ragnaros.

Wildhammers indeed find Ironforge a bit eerie due to it being underground and such. They prefer hills, mountains, forests, be in touch with the nature.

Hit me up on game, Uzuí with a special character btw. I would love to meet you there. ta ta!

1 Like

Aye! Coom’ ta’ the dark side! I mean…erm…join us!

We’re a pretty active bunch.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say DI believe in the light in general as a benevolent force. They’ve always been a great example of a lawful evil paladin from DnD. Believing in the rule of law, and that law being the warped/ unforgiving law of Blackrock Mountain. Enforces of rules set by the law makers of the mountain.

Great if you want to lean into political roleplay!

1 Like

That was sort of how I wanted to play my paladin. Sort of a Judge Dredd sort of thing, where his abilities are empowered by his own righteous conviction, and discipline.

He knows that his society is full of those trying to circumvent the law, poisoning and assassinating one’s opponents, stepping on others to grab power, but all are equal under the law. His duty is to deter the would be assassins, and make those who do try face the judgment of the Ring of Law.

He doesn’t worship Ragnaros, nor had any live for the fire elementals, or any sort of benevolent Holy Light. The only higher power is Justice, and he is it’s agent

1 Like

Dark Irons are really fun! If I had the time I’d totally play one!!

I like the Judge Dredd inspo, maybe some fun ideas for your paladin is go with a lava/magma/mountain theme.

Mountains, especially volcanic ones have a lot of cool symbolism that I don’t think you need to worry about being a Light or Ragnaros worshipping Paladin imo.

“My conviction is immovable like a burning wall of magma!”

“My fury burns like the raging mountain!”

1 Like

This is a great community of dwarves. It is a project so it is open to people regardless of guild affiliation.

1 Like

“My conviction is as indomitable as the Mountain!”

Heh. I kind of like that, thanks!

And thanks for the info on the Assembly of Three Hammers, I’ll have to check it out!

1 Like

Adding my support to the Assembly. They’re good people!

1 Like