Danuser confirmed that you can't take NPCs as factual

If something was definite, that would mean there was lore, and if there was lore that would mean there were facts, and if there were facts, that means people might be upset at what you wrote in the game world.

As opposed to their state right now where they aren’t upset at all.

14 Likes

Because it is used against players, not against Blizzard. Yeah, that would be toxic.

1 Like

Does it hurt your nelf heart to know that night elf soldiers couldn’t hold ground against an eight nation army? Why? There were eight nations involved.

3 Likes

i play Horde…and Alliance…but i´m not an night elf :wink: I´m a Human. And i try to be neutral, we are not here to Play Rp.

4 Likes

Then why did you bring up my horde heart? I am just reporting facts here. You’re the one getting flustered over them.

9 Likes

Because you don’t bring facts. Since that statement didn’t come from NSC’s, your “fact” is wrong.

NSC? What’s that?

*NPC, sorry^^

But my fact came from a developer on the game. Why do you think what an NPC says is more important than what a developer says? You do know that developers are the ones writing what NPCs say, right?

NPCs aren’t actual people.

3 Likes

You are using this statement because you are trying to reinterpret a pill that is difficult for you to swallow, but the statement referred to NPCs - statements made by these in-game NPCs who received this text on purpose.

They can be subjective and false, but the narrator inside and the developers outside the game isn´t…again, when they say something about it, they are saying how it really happened. With the intention of making it clear.

But it’s Saurfang’s thoughts that say that it was a civilian army killing more Horde than in reverse, not separate narrator. Saurfang is an NPC. Danuser told me that NPCs aren’t factually correct. I personally fought in the War of Thorns and we fought no civilians and killed way more night elves than they did us.

3 Likes

it was even a narrator…in elegy…he tells you that

/Shrug very confused what you’re on about dude. I pointed out that suggesting the Nelves actually devastated the Horde in the WoT - when this was not representative of the story presented in game by any stretch of the imagination - comes off to me like lazy pandering.

The Nelves had the majority of their army elsewhere and the full might of the Horde totally sucker punched them. It was a dirty move pulled by the Horde that culminated in utter depravity. I recall it pretty vividly because it was utterly demoralizing - and I only played it on the Horde. Being merciless mass murderers wasn’t really what I wanted from the game.

“The Nelves - despite being outmanned, outgunned and decidedly off guard - inflicted so many Horde casualties. It was seriously so cool you guys they were doing black flips and one shotting goblin war machines it was awesome. So awesome in fact we decided to not put it in the game at all”.

I mean hey that’s the canon I guess. Nelves were all unflappable badass purple Rambos - and all of this happened off screen. Seems like a cheap way to try to smooth things over with a part of the player base they totally did dirty.

27 Likes

The orcs had slaughtered Sentinels and civilians alike. Cordressa had not seen it with her own eyes, but the orcs had reportedly hunted down those who tried to flee, letting their bodies rot in the road as a brutal warning to anyone who would try to retake Silverwind Refuge.

Cordressa is the one Narrating.

The thought of the Horde in Darnassus, crawling over its beautiful, white stone walkways, defacing its temple, looting its precious artifacts, and even trampling the green, living spaces that had been so carefully interwoven throughout the city… Delaryn could not permit herself to contemplate it. The more siege engines and weaponry they could sabotage here, now, the fewer there would be on the sands of Darkshore, attacking her home. All who could walk were pressed into service. Even those generally regarded as civilians—tailors, food merchants, innkeepers—had learned over centuries how to fight well enough to defend themselves. Those few who could not—mothers with infant children, the wounded—had been portaled to Stormwind when the magi arrived. Delaryn watched, feeling wretched, as those she had ostensibly been sent here to protect joined their Sentinel sisters in racing silently across the bridges, armed with bows and daggers. She felt, rather than heard, Ferryn step beside her. He placed a hand, warm and strong, on her shoulder, and for the briefest moment, Delaryn would have given anything to lie with him again as they had this morning, before the quiet of their forest had been shattered. Or better yet, to walk with him in a Darnassus that was safe and calm.

I have failed, Delaryn thought with a shudder of despair. The former high elf and ranger-general was about to unleash the Horde’s worst facets—the pillagers, the revenge-seekers—upon a populace that was by this point completely civilian. Her very name, Sylvanas, spoke of a love for the woods—of green, living things. Was there anything left of that elf in this monster who was now striding toward her?

Delaryn is narrating.

7 Likes

I will show you later…what i mean…^^

No, you won’t.

1 Like

i will^^ because i must search the passages.

I mean I’m fine with it too. It was cheap pandering. Also in game the player sees Sylvanas yelp out and drop to her knees while fighting Malfurion, which is what prompts Saurfang to toss the axe at Malfurions back. In the novellas, which are now unreliable narrators, Saurfang claims Malfurion is tossed against a tree. It was one of the most annoying inconsistencies to me.

6 Likes

I Agree with you, it was a very cheap way to represent it…

1 Like

No, it specifically isn’t. Danuser told us not to take what characters say or think as fact. BTS is the biggest example of this. Sylvanas thought she wasn’t behind her ascension to the throne, but she was.

You can only take what you see or hear when you aren’t being corrupted as fact. Everything else is secondary.

And I wasn’t being corrupted when I was destroying the Night Elves in Ashenvale and Darkshore.

3 Likes