Dangerous Job

It all started in SIlvermoon, where Jahana was working on her latest toy. It was a small flyer, the kind that look like a bug. It flew all over the city and worked like a charm. Over time, she developed more flyers and the remote controls to guide them.

As she worked on the ones she wanted to use to deliver messages, one of the trainers suggested she might get help and funding if she could come up with a way to use it for the war campaign.

“You know, that is a good idea! I wonder if I can find someone to help in my research? I think maybe an alchemist. Or another engineer…I suppose it could be almost anyone who wanted to get in on the action. I mean, I could use more hands to mine the metals and the azerite for me.” She replied thoughtfully.

“You are using Azerite? For what?” the trainer was curious.

“I have been using it as a catalyst on my rocket fuel, and it works rather well. Of course the amounts I use are rather small. Too much and it would blow up on me. I have yet to find the perfect balance of magic, azerite and herbs. My research on explosives is rather more challenging. Azerite is stable until it hits certain temperatures and mixing it with normal rocket fuel tends to make it burn really fast. It’s an incredible speed boost. My work on strictly explosives is more dangerous. Mixed with gunpowder, a small amount of azerite is very volatile. A thimble full in a mixture for dynamite, for instance, makes the explosion nearly ten times as big.” Her face is deadly serious.

“I suggest you get some qualified help then. Before you blow up the city. Also, please take your experiments to a remote location. The Magisters of the city would appreciate it.” the trainer remarked dryly.

To that end, Jahana set up a workshop far from the city. And because she would rather blow up some Alliance territory than Horde, she moved it to the mountains. A large cave with some convenient azerite pools nearby, as well as a deep lava pit in the bottom of the cave for her forge needs. Once she had her workshop going, she needed more supplies. Silvermoon seemed the logical place to start. She put up a flyer near the community board and left her mailing address as a contact.

"“Wanted: Alchemist to share research and development of robotic technology. Possible future development of long range offensive weaponry. Highly dangerous work, not much pay, minimal benefits. Contact Jahana Dawnbreaker for information.”

1 Like