Dance of the Earthmother: Summer 2019 (June 21)

The rains battered at the lands, and in its wake was new life. Green plants grew, reaching for the sky, and the kodo herds welcomed new calves. The mighty kodo feasted, basking in the heat of An’she, and now it is time to honor not only the Earthmother, but also the mighty kodo.

It is time for the Dance of the Earthmother.

~~

It is time for the Summer Dance of the Earthmother! Keeping in line with the last Dance, we will be keeping it neutral again! And this year we will be honoring the kodo, and bringing back an old favorite event: Kodo Jousting!

Where: Ratchet, Northern Barrens
When: June 21, 4:00 PM ST - 9:30 PM ST
Who: Neutral! Bring your Elixir of Tongues!
Theme: Honoring the Kodo

Schedule

Opening Ceremony
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
As is tradition, we will gather around a fire for the opening ceremony! All are invited to come and provide an offering for the Earthmother to help her ease into the new season. As well as that, however, this year we will also be performing a Kodo Dance!

Market
Ongoing
While competitions are going, why not stop through Ratchet and see if there’s any wares to be purchased? Anyone is welcome to set up stalls and sell their wares!

Strength of the Kodo
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
An event we held at the Spring Dance! Contestants will go into a ring and grapple each other and try to push one another out. Prove you have the strength of a kodo! This is a roll event, and tournament style.
Prize: Swift Spring Strider or gold equivalent.
Title: Kodo Champion

Kodo Wrestling
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
In preparation for the jousting, you must have a kodo! Don’t worry, if you already have a kodo you can still participate. We will go out to a nearby kodo herd, and contestants are to wrestle a kodo and tame them! This is a roll event!
Title: Kodo Tamer

Kodo Jousting
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Mount your kodo, grab your lance, because we’re doing some jousting! Please note, having a kodo mount is required for this event! This is a roll event, tournament style!
Title: Kodo Brave

Closing Feast
9:30 PM
After a long day, our kodos and ourselves deserve some relaxation and feasting! After granting congratulations to the winners, we shall gather together for a grand feast!

11 Likes

Couple weeks before the Dance! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. <3

1 Like

I shall be there on my Sunwalker.

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you there! :smiley:

Eep! I will be on vacation but I’ll still try to attend from the hotel! It’s also going on our guild calendar!

Today is the day, and I am looking forward to it! Let the festivities begin!

1 Like

Dance of the Earth Mother is a fun, well-organized event that is great for meeting new people or practicing walk-up roleplay. I highly recommend attending to anyone currently roleplaying faction-neutral or faction-indifferent characters.

:sparkles: Don’t forget to bring your Elixir of Tongues! :sparkles:

1 Like