Danath Trollbane, the Arathi Empire and Harrowfall

When the ships arrive in Khaz Algar towards the end of the Campaign, Danath Trollbane is part of the welcoming party to port into Dornogal with Jaina and Thrall.

• Where is the subplot of him trying to reconnect with the Harrowfall Arathi?
  • Will we see it in the future?

It can’t be a coincident that he was chosen to make landfall with Thrall and Jaina.

3 Likes

I had his grand-dad summoned as one of my horsemen right in front of him. He didn’t even blink!

6 Likes

I’m sure there will be plenty of interesting lore to come of this as we follow Dezco and Shandris into the Empire story.

Why would he? Everyone knows Death has no meaning in Azeroth.

1 Like

What do you mean? He doesn’t know them.

It will be very weird because we still get to understand when exactly did these people leave to form the Arathi empire. Faerin said she left when she was a child, so they must have left from somewhere else besides Stromgarde which used to be the capital of the Arathor Empire… and they were part of the Arathor Empire much earlier than the time of Danath or even Thoras Trollbane.

And the Emperor doesn’t seem to be with them in Hallowfall, so where is the emperor and where is the Arathi Empire located (since they’re just an expedition).

See the definition in the wiki:

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Arathi_Empire

Perhaps Thoras Trollbane would be interested as well.

Potential spoiler alert here…

I thought I heard somewhere that part of this upcoming story will have us learn that they have a main kingdom on Avaloren. I don’t know how official or not that is. Pretty sure Avaloren is 100% real, not sure about the rest of it.

1 Like

We already know they are located in an unknown continental landmass so all we have to know exactly is where is this located and how haven’t we found it yet lol

Maybe because Thoras is his uncle, not his grandfather.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’s along for a reason, because he’s been notoriously ignored throughout WoW’s history. That said, I don’t know that I’d use the term “reconnect.” TWW Arathi are separated from the kingdom of Stromgarde by probably over a thousand years of divergent history.

It would be like the president of the United States going over to northern France to “reconnect” with the inhabitants of Normandy, since the Normans invaded England around 1000AD and eventually gave rise to the kingdom which would eventually colonize North America and give rise to the USA.

3 Likes

Danath is Thoras’s nephew not Grandson.

Why should he care about his Uncle being Undead! Thoras isn’t trying to dispute the throne of Stromgarde like Danath’s Cousin Galen(Thoras’s Son who murdered Thoras for the throne) would.

The fact that Galen disposed of Thoras and Thoras isn’t trying to retake the throne is good news for Danath who now rules Stromgarde!

Well if it’s the one I mentioned, didn’t some lore books in DF basically say it’s been blocked by some big storm or something? And that green dragon was going to try to get there anyway?

Don’t know where they’ll put it, but curious how they’ll get us there, how big it’ll be, and what else we’ll find there. Most of Midnight is going to be back in the EK, and Last Titan takes us to Northrend, so presumably this new continent is going to be the new zone for 11.1/11.2/11.3?

While Danath might have some future content with the Arathi, it’s also quite possible that he’s there because he was one of the “Sons of Lothar” group, which included Khadgar, Turalyon, Alleria, Danath, and Kurdran.

3 Likes

Sorry, everytime I click on him I keep hearing Falstad’s voice over.

The devs didn’t even care to fix that.

2 Likes

Well considering one of his best friends did just seemingly die, I think that is enough reason for him to be present.

The remaining Sons of Lothar will avenge their fallen brother.

5 Likes

With the arrival of the fleets, every living Alliance hero from the Warcraft 2 is in Khaz Algar, so I merely took his presence as him wanting to avenge Khadgar. Though since he has rebuilt Stormgarde and the Alliance embassy guards are Stromgarde Footman, we could get interaction between the two sides.

2 Likes

Such a Blizzard thing to do that you might even be right.

I think it’s definitely this. It can’t be a coincidence that aside from Jaina, all the big Alliance faction leaders that arrive with the fleet are Sons of Lothar. With the exception of Captain Garrick and Henry Garrick, none of the human soldiers on the beach landing or in the Alliance Embassy are wearing Stormwind colors; they’re all from Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, or Gilneas. The recently-arrived dwarves also appear to all be Wildhammer. I assume that whomever first heard the news about Khadgar (probably Turalyon) immediately sent word to the rest of the Sons of Lothar, both to avenge him and to support Alleria.

Danath should definitely show some interest in them and have a little bit of content.
But they’re 2000 years removed from the Highlands Arathi people. Their human bloodlines are as far removed from each other as you are from your neighbor, and their culture is far different from what it would have been.

1 Like

Regarding Danath and Thoras, I don’t think it’s exactly a secret that Thoras is undead, though it might not be well known among civilians. He was raised back in Legion, which is something like eight years ago in-universe now, and the Ebon Blade expected that the Alliance would find out rather quickly at the time. Also, his son Galen was undead for a time, so it’s not like Thoras was the first member of the family to make things awkward.