Damn what an awesome intro. Anduin laying the smackdown

He punched Wrathion square in the jaw. That was great

10 Likes

what are you talking about?

Opening intro in game cutscene when logging in

It was amazing!

2 Likes

alright, i saw that, pretty great to be honest.

1 Like

Kinda a stretch to pin Varian on Wrathion.

Horde version gets a 0/10. Mostly because it’s just talk to Valeera and watch Baine just stand around listening to Anduin. Quest text is literally "I have just returned from a meeting with King Wrynn in Stormwind. We have much to discuss. Meet me at the Great Seal, with Haste.

EDIT: In hindsight, it really is weird that it’s Valeera giving you the quest and not Baine. Kinda a minor detail, but why her? Can’t think of a time when a non-rogue Horde PC would have even encountered her.

19 Likes

Could you post me that Cinema?

1 Like

Not really. Garrosh was released thanks to Wrathion, which started a chain of events that led to Gul’dan coming to Azeroth, who in turn killed Varian.

I’d say that Wrathion definitely deserves to be blamed for releasing a dangerous war criminal who hates everyone on Azeroth and expecting him NOT to be a dangerous war criminal who hates everyone on Azeroth. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all.

25 Likes

Still a bit of a stretch though. Does he blame Khagdar for releasing Gl’Dan at the Dark Portal? Or Shaw for getting captured before the invasion? Or Thrall for not killing Garrosh (though this is kinda on his dad for stepping in too). Or himself for stopping Veressa from poisoning him?

6 Likes

Now you are stretching it, Wratheon literally on purpose released garrosh

15 Likes

Not really, Wrathion helped orchestrate Garrosh’s escape so they could bring the Iron Horde here and kill everyone, which lead to Gul’dan. Wrathion is to blame for Gul’dan.

9 Likes

There is a stark difference between those actions and the deliberate release of a man who took the combined forces of both Azerothian superpowers to take down, outright showed no remorse for his war crimes, and had nothing but hatred for everyone, under the pretense that he would somehow form a super-Horde for Azeroth’s benefit. Wrathion made a stupid decision, basically opposing EVERYONE at the time, and it only ended in disaster.

Khadgar, Shaw, Thrall - THOSE are stretches. That’s like blaming the guy who rejected that fellow from art school for… y’know.

13 Likes

Wrathion is to blame for his actions concerning Garrosh. No doubt about it.

However… that makes me wonder. Does not Anduin also share blame? He thwarted Sylvanas’s assassination attempt on Garrosh.

Sylvanas acquired the poison, and Vareesa had it placed. She told Anduin - and it was up to him to allow Garrosh to die or not.

And Thrall put Garrosh in charge in the first place.

There is a lot of blame to go around.

7 Likes

I feel like Anduin can’t be blamed for not expecting Garrosh to be set free, travel to another world and build a massive army to conquer Azeroth if he weren’t killed.

While Wrathion intentionally planned for that.

17 Likes

He certainly can be blamed for his naive ideals and the chaos they wrought. Sylvanas had her doubts about the efficacy of the process, which is one reason she hoped to just poison Garrosh and be rid of him.

The idea of Garrosh being a further threat was on Sylvanas’s mind. Anduin could be blamed for being too naive and idealistic to let himself see it.

1 Like

Not at all the same, Anduin just didn’t want to be a part in killing Garrosh before the trial ended. He’s not to blame for Wrathion helping set Garrosh free so he could lead the old horde in a new dimension. I don’t like Anduin, but you are being irrationally absurd.

3 Likes

Wrathion planned for Garrosh to rally the orcs of alt Draenor to form a bigger army to fight the Legion. So, he didn’t plan for the whole ‘conquer Azeroth, let Gul’dan loose to summon the Legion’ plan that got Varian killed, either.

I agree Wrathion is definitely more to blame than the others who also contributed to Garrosh’s survival, but I don’t think it’s by as much as some here are arguing.

6 Likes

The clear implication was that Anduin’s reaction was fueled by N’zoth’s influence. It’s something of a stretch to blame Wrathion, since we, the champion, were the one who freed Gul’dan, as opposed to killing him.

But it being a stretch is the whole point of the interaction.

5 Likes

If we go far enough, anyone can be responsible for Varian’s death.

I mean, let’s just have a vague look at some of the people responsible for Varian’s death, in relative order starting from the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar:

• Varian: Stopped Thrall from killing Garrosh, allowing all of the following to occur
  • Wrathion: Released him on purpose so he could flee to an alt timeline
  • Kairoz: Brought him to alt-Draenor, creating said alt timeline with the alt-Gul’dan
  • Khadgar: Ordered the freeing of alt-Gul’dan to stop powering the Dark Portal (instead of, I dunno, killing him while he was helpless)
  • The player: For following Khadgar’s orders and freeing alt-Gul’dan to stop powering the Dark Portal (instead of, I dunno, killing him while he was helpless)
  • Archimonde: Send alt-Gul’dan to Azeroth Prime so he could start another Legion invasion there
  • Alt-Gul’dan: Disenchanted him

Did I forget anyone?

7 Likes