Damn OK... I would never imagine this day would arrive

But I am with Ion on this one.
Preach can go… well… preach for his audience as much as he likes but Ion is right and may god have mercy of my soul for saying this.

36 Likes

Despite my objections with some of the decisions the devs have made in BfA I have always been an Ion fanboy.

Still am.

7 Likes

I actually think Ion is right on this one as well. Sorry Preach, but I don’t play WoW for Overwatch-with-Raids.

33 Likes

Ghostcrawler was the OG Ion change my mind.

12 Likes

I liked GC too.

Gotta respect how these guys stand in front of these angry mobs and never lose their composure all the while giving us insight on their decisions and what they, and their teams, are shooting for.

I couldn’t do it. I’d mouth off right back at these buttheads.

16 Likes

Now just REMOVE VOID FORM FROM SHADOW priests, and we are fine.

Also

3 Likes

Good, I will que this so I can throw it into your face after like 3-4 months into SL once you come here to cry about covenants.

13 Likes

Boys dont cry!

What did Preach say?

I’m out of the loop. Can someone toss me a link to what ion is saying?

2 Likes

Well, Ion used to be a lawyer. I wonder if he ever pleaded in court or if it was just a desk/advice job. If he did have to plead, that’s a good cross class skill to have when being the face of a dev team.

Do 10 hail mary’s and 4 our fathers… then you will be cleansed.

:sweat_smile:

honestly preach’s emotion near the end got to him and I couldn’t help but see a lot of what ion said or countered with make sense. That said both sides were iffy.

Preach yelling he wants cake.
While Ion starting to explain why he can’t have it but then never really answering the question.

2 Likes

Blizzard gave Preach a special interview with Ion to discuss Player Power in Shadow Lands.

Preach wants to be able to swap covenants almost at will. Ion says that at that point, everything is effectively baseline, which is just Overwatch with Raids.

They came to a consensus that relying on RNG for player power isn’t good design at least. I agree with that.

3 Likes

But then is now just Overwatch with raids?

2 Likes

I really don’t think Ion’s previous occupation really plays into it. I think it is just part of his skill set

If I recall correctly GC was like a marine biologist or something.

These guys are just good at being the face of the team.

2 Likes

. . . Yes.

Now is essentially Overwatch with Raids.

1 Like

Damn I’m not on either side, wouldn’t believe one word that comes out of either of their mouths.

1 Like

The correct answer is that “no, now is not Overwatch with raids”. Vanilla was not “Overwatch with raids”, BC was not “Overwatch with raids”, WotlK was not “Overwatch with raids”, ect.

9 Likes

I did play over watch and I did love it. But let’s keep a fps out of an MMORPG! Preach is cool but that just seems bland. Shadowlands will become great! We just need to give them more time and feedback! Not complain and say the expansion is dead already.

2 Likes

I don’t think either side is being misleading or untruthful.

It’s just two very different perspectives colliding.

6 Likes