Dalaran Hearthstone - You can't do that right now

This problem has been reported before (as shown by ‘Your Topic is similar to…’, and my own research.)

Shaman character (Centrion-Medivh) has supposedly completed the introduction quest for Legion, as told by a GM, but I still cannot utilize the Dalaran Hearthstone. I also cannot interact with Thrall and do the class hall questline either.

I have tried every single fix I found online, but to no avail. I had a ticket open for about a month but it was fruitless, so this is my only avenue.

1 Like

Same issue for all my Timerunning characters. Can get the quest and the one time HS, but the toy does not work even after getting to Dalaran. The legion quest for the artifact weapon does not appear so I believe that has something to do with this bug (phased Dalaran maybe?) A bunch of characters were lined up in the landing area so thinking it is a phasing issue…

Please Blizz just make this available to all characters automatically upon receipt of the toy without restrictions.

1 Like

This error about the Dalaran Heartone toy Since the quest The Harbinger - wowhead /quest=79009 was available (that was at Dragonflight), it has not been possible to use it (output that error). In my case to fix that it is required to complete these quests:

• The War Within - wowhead /quest=81930
  • A Poor Reception - wowhead /quest=78714
  • Azeroth’s Voice - wowhead /quest=78715

After that, you can use the toy again (ONLY on that moment you can skip with Jaina or Thrall at Dalaran to prevent the issue). However, the problem is if you do not complete the 3 quests mentioned above and you skip the campaign from the dialog with Lady Jaina Proudmoore - wowhead /npc=213625 or Thral - wowhead /npc=213620 at Silithus, once you go to Dornogal, the toy Dalaran Hearthstone persist output the same error You can’t do that right now.

This issue could happen for every character/toon. My main character does not have this problem (one of my alts had this problem). To solve it, I followed this article:

In simple words, complete the chain of quests Legion: The Legion Returns - wowhead /quest=40519 until the quest In the Blink of an Eye - wowhead /quest=44663 and it will be fixed.

Did you done until that quest i mention?

I don’t know what could happen if you done the introduction of legion (and quest In the Blink of an Eye wowhead /quest=44663 ) and after that skip the war within introductory camping, may the error will happen again

I hope this info could help

1 Like

The same situation as described by OP happened to me years ago. I was unable to enter that Shaman into Legion content ever.

I made it to Dalaran and did the radiance quests and when I try to use the hearthstone the darn thing still doesn’t work, so very angrily , I went on wowhead and found out the work around is to use the Azuna portal in the Stormwind portal room and fly up to Dalaran and talk to amisi somebodeyoranother to unlock the hearthstone yet AGAIN.

So I port to aszuna and soon find out it is impossible to fly up to Dalaran , skyriding with 6 vigor, So I looked for a flight path and behold the flight path to Dalaran was already unlocked in legion , so I took the air taxi to Dalaran.
Why the flight paths are unlocked but the goshdarn hearthstone isn’t , I have no idea, so wow is saying ’ you have been there, but you haven’t been there"

So after flying to Dalaran , I talked to lady Jaina and skipped to Donogal and started the chain at Brann Bronzebeard and I am not looking back.

I plan to toss the Dal hearthstone in the nearest lake and never use it again.

I don’t like very much having to go back and do Legion quests , to go forward to do Isle of Dorn quests, it makes my inner Ned Flanders get dogdiggity angry!

No offense, but that’s wrong. If you look up while skyward ascending multiple times, hitting the skill right as soon as you start to slow a bit but without losing your vigor regeneration, you will gain decent height. Once you are high enough so that you can angle slightly downward to your destination, you can stop doing this and just do forward surges the rest of the way. If for whatever reason you use all 6 vigor and still aren’t high enough to get a nice down angle toward your destination, you’ll have to just maintain a slightly declined flight attitude to regenerate vigor, look up quickly and then skyward ascend, then level off. Rinse and repeat.

Actually the solution that i mentioned here:

It is no longer required. Actually, the Dalaran Hearthstone can be used normally (at least with my alts that have not done those quests yet). Maybe in your case, it was already fixed?

i was getting this issue as well, you dont need to do any quest you just need the class order hall to trigger when you come into Dalaran ( legion ). It used to trigger off flying in but i think the radiant event bugged it so set your hearthstone to one of the inns in dalaran take a portal out and then hearth back in and that should trigger the flag and the Dalaran Hearthstone is useable again.

1 Like

I appreciate all the responses. The quest chain as indicated in https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/244847 was verified complete by the commands. I tried what Zavzari just said also to no avail. Thrall just uselessly says he has something to tell me.

This was the character I was going to level next, but oh well - not a huge deal I suppose… since, well you know what happens to Dalaran.

This worked for me. Set my hearthstone to an Inkeeper in Legion Dalaran and the quest popped behind me and after that, the hearthstone started working.

Sigh, this didn’t work for a level 70 shaman from mop remix.

For that one, I just went to the warboard, did the 1 starter quest for Legion to get to Dalaran and Bob’s your uncle.