Daily pet battles way overtuned

Fighting a pet that can take out half of my pet’s health and tleeport them out of the battle is ridiculous. This isn’t fun because there’s no reasonable path to victory against such overtuned enemies. I mean perhaps a perfect setup with good rng might win, but since when are dailies supposed to only be for those with the very rarest pets? the rest of us want to play too.

1 Like

Sorry. Like Pokemon, pet battles are literally rock-paper-scissors, and if you only bring scissors to a rock fight your outcome is inevitable.

Find the right comps or lose a lot. PvE is literally repeatable with nearly zero risk. PvP is always a gamble, but the salvation is that this time you may have the rock instead of the scissors.

4 Likes

Most wild pets are easy to get can be very good, do not under estimate the battle power of a moth or rabbit.

1 Like

The Val’kyr + Ikky will kill most pet bosses.

They really aren’t that hard to cheese.

TBH even with a relatively limited pet collection, outside of a few tamers/fights, pet battling is quite easy. Now if you start going for the family themed achievements or the pet battle dungeons (other than WC and DM, which are easy) then it’s a different story.

3 Likes

If you posted the Boss you are talking about, I’m sure we could come up with an easy strat.

As Wolfbane said, Ikky & UBV are a good combo.

Or you can use Horu Cloudwatcher’s Black Claw->Hunting Party.

Lil Bling or Clockwork Gnome are good options.

You already have some of what you need. Just need to level them up. This week is a good time to do it.

2 Likes

The PVE pet battles are never going to change.
The opposite team, whether its a full team or one Epic opponent, will always use the same strategy, make the same moves.
They are not fights, they are puzzles! Usually there are several solutions.
Solve them once, and you own them forever. Puzzles, not fights.

2 Likes