Dagger leveling spec

21/8/22
#tenchar

2 Likes

Tenchar???

Where goes the 22 though =P

You can just quote it instead putting spaces, for next time.

ok couple of things first of sword are only better up to a point daggers run off of needing crit but once that crit point is hit daggers will outperform. and as for the pvp right now we only have wpvp which is far different than a bg. in wpvp most of time the person the initiating the gank that has the advantage. i have killed my fair share of sword hemo builds because that’s the nature of a gank its catching a player flat footed. so all that nice ambush crit is worth nothing because now they cant ambush so that a massive chunk of damage that they lost.

1 Like

There is no such thing.

I find I can’t level as anything but subtlety because crawling along at half speed in stealth drives me insane.

The beauty and ease of combat rogue with 2 x swords is that you don’t even need to stealth. You just run up to a mob and spam sinister strike, or just auto attack. The swords do so much damage that you don’t even use skills.

Nothing wrong with 2 x daggers, it’s just that you will need to use stealth for every mob killing, move behind the mob to use ambush then use gouge then move behind the mob for backstab. I am sure this is much better for PvP, but do you want to do this for every single mob killing for leveling?

It’s a personal preference I guess.

I started leveling up as Sub. I didn’t want to go combat swords as I figure I’ll get enough of that when I’m 60. Got up to Hemo and couldn’t stand how often my attacks were missing. Switched to 13 in Sub for Imp Ambush, combat for Imp backstab and 5 hit, then hit up Sin for 5 crit and Imp Evis. Decided to grab cool down reduction for Evasion and Sprint plus working on dagger spec now (instead of going up to Lethality right away). It works great for the gouge-backstab gameplay that I like. I’m level 47 now.

1 Like

just do subtlety. it’s just fine for leveling and anyone that says otherwise is a tryhard. also if you’re on a pvp server it makes leveling in pvp zones really fun

Don’t listen to those 2 dwarves above! They are not trustworthy!
Instead, trust me! I am a gnome! and we all know we can trust the gnomes!

Yeah once you get prep and get three openers on bosses it sucks in dungeons as deep sub. Lol. The worst thing is doing such nasty openers no tanks can hold aggro against you on single target and backstab crits almost as big as ambush is horrible. Lol.

I hope i run up against you in the rank grind so we can test seal fate builds versus cold blood prep and we can solve this once and for all. As if i don’t already know how that goes lol.

You can also use a swap macro to open with bush then switch to a sword.

Whatever you do, I’d recommend getting precision asap. Rogue life is miserable without the hit.

Optimally for leveling I prefer a sword mh, dagger offhand, with a swap macro for bush. Keeps weapon skill up on both that way also.

1 Like

**Yea, there’s a couple interesting specs I’ve come across since this post started… I think I’m just going to have to suck it up, spend some gold and see what I can tolerate and what I hate…

Don’t go subtlety to level. 15/31/5 will outperform anything else listed for pve damage. Later on once you get nearly 100% crit chance you can switch to seal of fate for combo point generation.

1 Like

What about 15/31/5 dagger spec ? Lol #kargoz

That is the combat rogue dagger spec. You just grab opportunity in subtly and thats it.

1 Like

Unless they blind and get a restealth

As far a specs go, here’s what I prefer for leveling. It’s also good enough for prebis farming at 60. This is primarily for pvp server leveling.

-Get precision. Put next 2 points into improved sprint if on a pvp server. Will save your life all day every day.

-Next 10 points into stealth.

-Work down to cold blood in assassination tree. Make sure to pick up improved evis. Great burst.

-Lastly, back to sub and fill down to improved sap.

Good escape, burst with CB, sap for dungeons/pvp (even though it’s not 3/3 until 60), +5 hit, stealth quality of life, and you can use whatever weapons you run across with highest dmg. Sustained isn’t bad either.

Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none spec. But I like it a lot, and have leveled many rogues with it.

1 Like

well they can hold aggro but you need to time your open and have a tank that understands how to tank with a rogue.
and if you think im keeping a pve spec the exact same and gonna take it into bgs or when players have trinkets your insaine i’m gonna tweak it but right now we dont need to tweek it because they don’t have trinkets and i don’t need to to worry about bg issues.