Cut To The Chase Is Now In The Class Tree!

HUGE Win! Still a bit annoying we need to initially apply S&D first, but still great for all 3 specs.

5 Likes

Wow that’s so cool! Almost as cool as the fact that Outlaw literally just got 6.2 demo warlock’d.

2 Likes

What happened to Demo in 6.2?

These changes look horrible for Outlaw. Outside of losing the additional range from Acrobatic Strikes that was originally just an Outlaw talent, the fake scaling for haste and mastery they’re adding look like trash. Guess it’s an easy enough decision to just cancel the sub after my group is done with the MoP event.

5 Likes

That’s one of the very few good things, the rest is pretty bad.

3 Likes

6.2 was a very special patch where they completely nerfed demo lock out of being even remotely viable outside of world content by flat nerfing everything by 20% and the devs literally came out and said “It’s time for demonology to be the worst spec”.

The Outlaw changes are absolutely horrendous. Completely nerfed resources and energy regen while still not giving any compensation for losing the current tier set going into next expansion.

5 Likes

yeah thats great. losing acrobatic strikes sucks though.

8 Likes

1 good change with a lot of terrible ones. Not sure this is a win in any real way overall.
Also why don’t we just go back to removing snd like legion or making it completely passive like wod assassin? Free up a key bind.

A second vanish as a capstone really? 3% leech while stealthed this would have been a weak talent with shadowdance in place but without what? Overall the changes this build are some of worst changes I’ve seen. Didn’t improve on any problems and made things worse all the way around.

18 Likes

These changes are not complete and hard to judge until we see the entire picture.

Right now they look very weak.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

9 Likes

I hope so, but we’ve seen this kind of thing before don’t worry it’s just alpha, don’t worry it’s just beta, don’t worry 12.0 will fix it.

Unless there is some kind of rework around the way stealth works in general I don’t see how many of these changes will add up like why nerf vanish duration. Goes with the leech in stealth not adding up. Vanish capstone talent? If only they could just make a post about things to explain things like other classes… If something is changing with stealth etc.

Most all of the changes this build are bad and don’t add up and would need a pretty big whole picture to be anything good. Which you know could be posted about by our dev that hates posting…

Another thought I really really hope these changes are not because of whatever deathstalker does. As changing whole class around 1 hero tree would be a really bad design.

17 Likes

Adding cut to the chase to baseline is a nice QoL, but I feel it makes the button more pointless. It isn’t even a button fun to press without this change.

It was removed from a button from assassin because I would guess it was superfluous back in WoD. It gets readded in Shadowlands because reasons (rose tinted nostalgia?), then gets Cut to the Chase back.

I think they just need to make it grant duration on finisher, regardless of the buff being up or not, like the live version of Premeditation. Still need to care about it, but not as annoying if it falls off in aoe for sin and now sub if not paying attention. A button could be removed, but is still an option for people to use if they prefer hitting it.

2 Likes

I’m still of the opinion that CttC should be baked into the class. Just make the first use of the respective abilities activate SnD and subsequent uses refresh SnD. It will still remain as an element of our opening “ritual” while removing an unnecessary keybind.

8 Likes

Essentially what I said. 100% agree

wouldn’t a 10% movement speed increase theoretically balance out to staying on the target pretty much the same as a small range increase on attacks?

Just get rid of SnD already, useless boring spell nobody wanted back. And while we at it, replace the dev who is doing rogue. thanks

7 Likes

If they do not buff the opportunity proc to at least 45%, put ho back to 100% and buff count the odds to at least 15%, outlaw will not feel good to play. Then, make it so when you enter stealth bte cd is reset, at least when you have crackshot.

Also, re introduce dreadblades but slightly different, a passive proccing from adrenaline rush, empowering your next 5/6 sinister strikes to fill your combo points, or empowering your next X finishers to act as if they consumed double the combo points.

2 Likes

Yuck. I hope its optional

1 Like

Movement speed does nothing when Blade Flurry which is already castrated by being target capped can no longer consistently even hit 8 targets without the range bump. Go do a key with Acro and run it again without and watch your dps get completely gutted.

5 Likes

Oh look, another class forum with you whining.

What’s pathetic is you replying to this.

But don’t worry, ill never read your “comments” again.

Not like you have anything intelligent to say, it’s just light pollution. Maybe if you think enough next time you’ll come up with something clever to say. I know you can do it! I just won’t read it.

5 Likes

I enjoy the irony. Keep whining in every class forum.