Cut the Blue Wire... No the Red Wire!

This Isle of Conquest achievement requiring you to disarm 25 bombs needs to redesigned.

I have been trying to do this achievement for years, and after almost 250 IoC games, I’m only at 10/25.

This achievement is borderline unattainable now. You can do hours and hours of IoC games before you even see a single bomb placed.

1 Like

I got mine a while ago and only at 52/100 wins, sounds like you’re doing something wrong

Sounds like you have far more luck. The last 10+ hours of IoC games there hasn’t been a single bomb placed.

1 Like

sounds like a you problem tbh, I had a pretty easy time with it

maybe we should lower the bar for every achievement to allow the lowest common denominator to have a chance, make this a happy game for everyone :smiley:

You completed it 3 years ago, when the game had probably 3 times as many players.

OP asked about a change to a single achievement because it’s not fun, and they are having a hard time with it. Encouraging them to find patience and perseverance is one thing, but accusing them of wanting to dumb down the entire game is dogsnot.

The reality is that you probably think your achievement points make you special, and asking for a change would be a threat to you ego.

Lighten up, Francis.

3 Likes

how is that relevant when bgs have a set size? unless you’re trying to say that IoC these days is deserted and only half filled (which we both know is ridiculous but it’s the only reason I can fathom why you’d bring this up)

what OP needs to do is wait until the IoC meta shifts back to running bombs, but since OP has been playing since TBC while my account is from late WoD, I reckon that it’s more of a personal issue… he’s had more opportunity to get it than me, it’s not an achievement that takes skill or whatever, so the problem is obviously not with the achievement

Couldn’t care less about virtual points in a game played by sweaty nerds, it’s just an unnecessary change in my opinion… are you just being insecure since you obviously do seem to care about your virtual points and pixels?

I don’t care at all, and they could change it specifically for this one customer.

You on the other hand want to go off on a tangent about how OP is trying to ruin the game and that we should just change everything to accommodate the “casual” boogey-man that you’re trying to protect the game from.

Make no mistake, you were dismissive and derogatory to someone about an achievement. I’m doing so because I think your behavior was unwarranted.

4 Likes

bit of a stretch to call it ‘ruin’ lol, maybe don’t be so sensitive in the face of criticism

okay dad.