[Customization] Updates to racial abilities

After doing the D4 event and using the Mole Machine (Dark Iron Dwarf racial) to get around, I’ve realized that they haven’t added any new locations for it since it got added. While I somewhat understand why Shadowlands lacks locations, I don’t really understand why Dragon Isles didn’t have any new added. We’ve seen explorers and Dark Iron Dwarves on the isles so I feel that adding at least one would be nice.

And as an extension of this, I’d love to see reworked racials for a lot of the classic races. Looking at Dwarf’s racial for example:

• Explorer (faster and more efficient archelogy, something that’s not been touched in forever)
  • Frost Resistance (1% Frost Resist)
  • Might of the Mountain (Critical strike bonus damage and healing increased by 2%)
  • Stoneform (Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 sec)

And comparing it to Dark Iron Dwarf:

• Dungeon Delver (While indoors, move 4% faster)
  • Fireblood (same as Stoneform but gives primary stat instead of damage reduction)
  • Forged in Flames (1% physical damage reduction)
  • Mass Production (Increased blacksmithing skill and faster crafting speed)
  • Mole Machine (teleport across the world with 30min cd)

Most post-classic races have 5+ racials and at least one “fun” one. The old races are starting to look quite outdated when compared to Dracthyr for example.

tldr

• Update racials for pre-cata races (Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, Undead, Orc, Troll as examples)
  • Add more locations to Dark Iron Dwarf’s Mole Machine (Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Dragon Isles)
12 Likes

I’d like them to adjust the Nightelf racial too, 1% extra crit during the day and 1% haste during the night is an odd one…

3 Likes

I’d honestly like them to revert Shadowmeld to only be used out of combat as well. Just hate seeing the MDI and TGP being are you Dwarf (bleed clears) or Nelf…not trying to start an alliance racials are better than horde ones, but if they were just utility out of combat style things, I’d like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Some type of rebalancing of some of the older racials could be nice. More fun and flavor or some niche utility instead of some DPS boosters. Try to eliminate race as a factor beyond style as much as possible.

I am pretty disappointed with the new human racial that replaces diplomacy though. I get it, diplomacy needs to go, but this new racial is just boring and meh unfortunately.

The amount of times that I’ve been stranded with a hearthstone on cool down and didn’t have another quick method of transportation is slim. Not to mention there are other perks, bonuses, enchants, and other items that give you the ability to teleport places or reduce the cool down of the hearthstone already.

Perhaps if they made it so that it gave humans a second hearthstone location as a choice, I could see that being useful. The reduced cool down and charge just doesn’t really seem that great to me. Maybe some other people are really excited about it.

1 Like

I’d like to see the “+1% crit” type racials go away as they’re basically worthless and replace them with a QoL and/or race focused racial (ie: vulpera make camp which is very much tied to their culture).

4 Likes