Custom script macro warning?

I’m playing wow classic.

I’ve been using a simple macro that cancels shapeshift form before casting innervate on target. Decided to try and add a target whisper component to it and looked it up online (it’s way more complicated than I thought it would be).

When trying to use it I get a game warning telling me I’m attempting to run a custom script that can cause me to lose items and gold. Umm, I said I don’t want to run it to be safe. Not sure what’s going on.

So now my macro looks like this:

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast innervate
/script if UnitName(“target”) then SendChatMessage(“INNERVATE cast on you!” ,“WHISPER” ,nil ,UnitName(“target”)) end

It’s a protection against scams. Scripts can be very powerful, and so if a bad actor can convince you to run a script they can do things like have you mail them all your gold the next time you click a mailbox. (Although Blizzard does regularly try to do stuff to make this harder.) The key, like anything else on the internet, is to only run scripts you’ve picked up from reliable sources.

Be aware that once you allow it to run scripts, you won’t get the warning again. So, again, make sure you don’t run any scripts from dodgy sources.

Anyone know how to turn this back on? I too was scared to allow this, and i still am, but i ran a script given to me by an addon developer now i want the protection back on.

Just don’t run anything that begins in /script or /run.

Other than within addons (which are just complex scripts packaged up to run automatically when the game loads), there is no means for a script to fire automatically.

1 Like

/w %t INNERVATE cast on you!

simple as that :slight_smile:

1 Like