Curseforge client can now be launched without overwolf

:thinking: Doesn’t this go against Blizzards rules of addons being free?

No, the addons are free, but the premium client isn’t. Back when it was Curse it was the same thing, except a ridiculous $10/mo.

2 Likes

Nah.

Overwolf (company) can go pound sand. In fact I am tempted to remove stuff I’ve done from their platform and just post it on GitHub instead.

5 Likes

I have my system protected and I’m not either… but yes that last part… That is it specifically.

2 Likes

Good, I still won’t use it.

2 Likes

Ehh. Still not gonna budge from my adblocker. Infact, that 3 bucks would’ve been better spent on a Coffee.

2 Likes

Will never trust using any addon. Never have, never will.

I actually just went on my PC here, uninstalled Overwolf, went and downloaded the curseforge app (choosing the “I dunwant yer stinkin wolfthing” on the dropdown) and bang, there are ma add ons without any overwolf presence.

Until or if I hear it has issues or is doing bad things to my computer I can validate, I will happily stick with this app version. I made sure to not have it sit there active but to only work when I turn it on.

2 Likes

You still have to agree with overwolf’s TOS with this app.

Hard
Pass

6 Likes

Eh, thats how it is with a great many things you choose to do on the internet. It happens for us to be able to play this game. As I say, until I see anything bad happening, I will work with what makes life easier for me.

the app itself prior to this was fine

manual update gang

1 Like

Just got the stand alone Curse client and it’s great. No Overwolf app, no extra crap, just addon updates. Can’t really complain.