Curse of Thirst?

I hate asking these questions here, but when I asked on Returning Players, no one answered.

I’m trying to get all the pets I can from Shadowlands, and am presently working on Kyria. There is a pet vendor in this covenant who requires certain achievements, like the Curse of Thirst, before he will even sell you the pets.

One of these, for instance, is the Curse of Thirst, which is an achievement attainable in the Trial of Wisdom.

I’ve looked on Wowhead, and the only thing I’ve seen in the comments is how to defeat these fights once you get them, but I couldn’t find any information as to how to get these trials in the first place.

Any help? Returning Players didn’t give me any.

1 Like

That is part of the Kyrian Covenant “Path of Ascension”. Have you looked at this Wowhead guide about those trials?

2 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t look there. I didn’t know it existed. I just looked “Trial of Wisdom” on Wowhead, and I saw a lot of strats, but nothing as to how to get them in the first place. I see. So, I need to get some Anima in the Reservoir to get these trials.

Okay.

It’s a bit of a challenge over Ardenweald. All I needed to acquire the pets there was improving faction in a couple of places, but even then, it wasn’t difficult. No one required more than “Friendly” to purchase the pets.

Thanks very much for the help.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Each Covenant has a special feature (unlocked by investing anima). The Kyrians have the Path of Ascension, which is the series of scenario instances you saw. The Venthyr have the Ember Court, which is a different set of scenarios with a different mechanic (not defeating opponents but entertaining guests). The Night Fae have the Queen’s Conservatory, which is basically gardening. And the Maldraxxi have the Stitchyard, which is a specialized crafting system.

2 Likes

Yeah, I missed out on a lot of things when I was in the Venthyr Covenant. It seems I will have to go back. But at least giving out all these invitations will be a lot easier this time around, now that I can fly. Venthyr was a bad choice for my first covenant. It’s hard finding my way around to give out the invitations and such. All those elevators, and dizzying heights.

But what do I know? Just this morning, I was leaving my mission table in Boralus. And absent-mindedly, I summoned a mount, but it was my Windbourne Velocidrake. Still, absent-mindedly, I hit the space bar to launch my mount into the air.

Then it finally hit me: I was dragon-riding in Boralus. When did I learn to do this?

1 Like

When the full restoration of the Dragon Aspects’ aspectral powers became manifest all over the universe* (which was coincidentally the moment 10.2.5 dropped).

*Yes, almost the entire known universe. Dragonride in the Shadowlands or in either incarnation of Draenor, none of which have more than the slimmest connection to the new tree popping out.

What “new tree”? Anything to do with Teldrassil?

Amirdrassil is the new world tree. As you progress through the campaign in Dragonflight in regards to the Emerald Dream, you will unlock that area off the coast of Ohn’ahran Plains. It is also where the Night Elves have a new home, called Bel’ameth.

Okay, thank you. I have gone through the Emerald Dreams and have purchased or caught all the pets, including those dependent on faction. And when I did the quests and started hearing about Amirdrassil, I kind of figured that this was going to become a new home to the Night Elves.

My only question is, what about the Worgen? They lost Gilneas to the Undead, with the help of some natural disasters, and were taken in by the Night Elves. So, where do they go now?

1 Like

Even alts that are too low for DF can use Dragon mounts now if they can fly. But for them the Dragons work just like earlier flying mounts, slower but can hover and maneuver more easily.

1 Like

Yes, I have seen that. My Undead Hunter hasn’t been to Dragons Isles yet, but he can still use my dragon mounts. Just that he flies like the old school mounts.

Back to Gilneas, thanks to another Patch 10.2.5 content drop:

1 Like

Seems like an okay ending. I see no reason for Genn to abdicate, however. Yeah, he built a wall. Because the Undead were right outside his city.

Little confused as to why the Horde players would assist in this, but hey, it’s Lillian Voss, and she has never been okay with being one of the Undead. And Sylvanas doesn’t exactly win any prizes for being a competent leader. In fact, she’s the most incompetent leader out of all factions, Horde or Alliance.