Current state of 3v3 arena

Hello and thanks for reading. incoming minor rant.

The state of the game (3v3 arena) is currently significantly worse than in previous iterations (patches).

The changes in 10.0.7 have made it less fun for everyone involved, even rets.

The PvP community is in desperate need of communication with developers to help our game mode thrive and grow.

If there are developers reading this, please reach out to experienced long term players who enjoy PvP for constructive feedback! We desperately want to contribute, but every new patch feels like random changes without consideration for the impacts in arena.

Some stand out points of failure:
Teir sets:
They are not balanced with PvP in mind. Some specializations receive greater impacts due to the nature of pvp, this should be either removed from PvP combat, or a seperate tier set should be designed for each season.

Melee mobility / Instant casting
This has been an arms race for a very long time, melee feel like they cannot connect to do damage inside important windows, and caster feel that they can’t cast spells with the amount of interrupts and short cooldown CC abilities (stuns,grips, knocks, etc). The solution to this is very complex, but it boils down to higher damage from casted spells and melee active abilities, while reducing melee mobility and ranged utility (e.g stormbolt).

Free ability damage
Abilities that are activated by other abilities allowing for essentially free global cooldowns within small windows are making burst run out of control. Some standout talents include: Divine arbiter, Judgements of the Pure, Unhinged talent, Misery. On the whole, pressing a single ability should feel impactful without the need for extra abilities being tied to it.

TLDR:
Please engage with your community for feedback so we can improve arena gameplay and attract more players and a healthier pool of active players!

2 Likes

This is a big point of annoyance, I’ve hated tier sets ever since they were around in SL. I’d like a pvp specific tier as you said, I miss glove bonuses too.

But ye, don’t really disagree with any of this. Game feels uber bad in a lot of situations and ret needs more nerfs sooner rather than later and there is plenty of good ways to go about that as well.

This is also one of the more obnoxious things about the game state right now, it’s been going on for years and continues to get worse w/ each expansion. I don’t feel like it’s really fun for anyone.

Absolutely hate talents like these. Zero fun for anyone involved and I’d rather they just make other abilities good like you said. Sorry for quoting you so much, just pretty much agree on all fronts and that being said I feel like we can get the game to a more fun and playable state with developer engagement.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, seems like we are in agreement.

bump! give me your opinons!