Current PvP Season Update

I remember hearing in a wow Q&A that they would refrain from making big changes to classes during a pvp season? Is that just not the case then? Making big changes like one holy paladin sac would drastically change how holy paladins do in arena. This is a huge mistake. End the season and have a preseason until January

15 Likes

I personally think that having the season extend into a major content patch, during the last weeks of the season will make most of the competition near the end for rank 1 will feel extremely chaotic. Balance issues are bound to happen and normal in new patches. However, those usually occur at the start of a season, giving time to sort out those kind of balance issues making it not really too big of a deal. But changing the entire meta and much of the game during the very end of the season I think will be a very bad choice. Please reconsider not going through with this :frowning:

38 Likes

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous

do you think that the overwhelmingly negative feedback will mean anything? :(((((

3 Likes

i hope to god this doesnt happen

4 Likes

3400 r1 hpal LOL jesus

1 Like

Dilly is right here, 8.1 release in the end of the season is not a wise choice in my opinion because we’ve had almost 12 weeks of this season to adapt to a certain meta and learned how to play against this current meta. But with ferals getting cyclone and other major changes to classes we’ll have to adjust quite fast to this new playstyle / meta. I think blizzard should hold class changes until a later date and keep the season as is. OR just end the season December 11 and do the class changes.

11 Likes

We had 3 weeks of pre-season when BFA dropped

Why cant we end dec11th

7 Likes

Didn’t really think about all the class changes that are happening until a little bit ago. It really makes zero sense for the season to not end with 8.1 with such drastic changes to some classes.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the ladder die for the most part. Nobody will want to tank rating testing out how their classes are going to fare in the new meta against other classes. What HPal would queue this season without double sac and tank without knowing how they will do without it?

Dumb decision.

4 Likes

I can’t even describe how this is the worst decision ever made in PvP. Makes absolutely no sense why would you change the ENTIRE PvP meta in the last month of the season???

5 Likes

This, it would give you guys time to do tuning.

you’re gonna keep this pvp season going till next year?? that is def not “The Move” here blizzard… end the damn season with 8.1… That’s like bringing out 8.1 with no new pve content… why are pvpers getting the shiit end of the stick

3 Likes

Actually did not think BfA season 1 could get worse but I guess I don’t give blizzard enough credit.

7 Likes

I’ve been saying that it would end January for a month and a half now. They followed the same pattern as 7.1 so…

Look at the changes we dealt with for 6 weeks in the first season of Legion.

Yup!

billion dollar company CANNOT improve or progress!

Yup!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up… but this decision is probably a mistake. They should probably do a post season from 8.1 to 8.2 tbh…

5 Likes

This seems like a super not-good idea. Massive balance changes mid season. Why?

6 Likes

Massive INBALANCE changes Incoming…

3 Likes

where the hell is ghostcrawler on this subject we need someone to fight for Pvpers otherwise we are gonna be put on the back burner

3 Likes

I’d prefer season ending with 8.1, give us a post-season after (You shouldn’t be able to earn anything other than gear in the post-season)

2 Likes