Current Mac Shadowlands Beta Performance

Same crash problem for me as well. Doesn’t matter which server I try. I copy my mage over and can’t use any portals at all. Not even my own portals. Crashes every time. The other problem is that after every crash my graphics settings get reset to default. Even if I change them, exit game, and restart it. After a crash happens they get reset to default.

Ok, I was REALLY hoping the maintenance this morning would fix this issue but apparently not.

I am having the same crash issue. Doesn’t matter which server, doesn’t matter if it’s a new character or one copied over. Game starts to load and then instantly crashes.

Can we please get a blue comment on this?? Are they even looking at the issue?

I’ve been a part of the WoW community since the original Beta. I’ve also taken part in many of the previous expansion Betas. So far this is the worst Beta experience so far!

Not sure what the point of being in the Beta test group is when you can’t even play the damn game.

1 Like

live maintenance has no bearing on beta/ptr. Those follow different schedules, usually only doing maintenance when a new build is pushed and that can be any day of week, although usually on wed/thur

Yup, tried taking the portal from Boralus to SW and insta-crash every time.

1 Like

Build 35707 appears to allow macOS to be successful!

1 Like

Today seems very stable compared to yesterday.

Just got beta. Issue seems to persist in latest build for me. Happens very frequently in Bastion. Always almost immediately after landing at a flight path.

MacBook Pro 15” (2018)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

Currently I have a character who just landed in Bastion and WoW client completely locked up my laptop. After restarting, logging back into the same character puts my computer in the locked state and have to restart again, this makes Bastion basically unplayable. I’ve tried resetting SMC and PRAM to ensure this is not something on the laptop.

Additionally, I tried logging into the same character on my older MBP (2015) running the same OS, and issue persists.

Same thing happens to me every time I land in Bastion. Also the lockup happens every time I take the first elevator down in Theatre of Pain.

1 Like

With some cut scenes or where it swaps back I occasionally get a black screen and wow is hard locked and comes back darker for a bit then after a minute it is all back to normal.

Anyone else hitting that? I have never seized up enough to require a reboot

This happens to me too. But not exclusively in Bastion and ToP. It just happens ridiculously frequently in Bastion which renders Bastion completely unplayable.

TBH - I haven’t hit any lock-ups in the most recent build so far (9.0.2.36165). Fingers crossed.

Mind you, I haven’t done a Spires of Ascension yet to confirm the graphics bug is sorted, so still can’t confirm the glitching is entirely gone.

what fps are you getting when u do mythic dungeons?

do you mean retail or beta? I haven’t run any mythic on beta as yet. currently flying around Drustvar I am getting 21fps - which is a little slow but I’m running 2 screens and have a few other things open at the moment and am streaming music

Most recent build of Shadowlands beta client continues to crash excessively often when landing in Bastion, and requires hard computer restart. This makes this zone completely unplayable when this hang happens.

1 Like

Hey Klastiron, does it still work fine? I’m using essentially the same computer as you are, but for some reason, my FPS’s been droping a ton since the release of SDL… Could also be the IOS big sur… Not sure what’s causing the drop… it’s annoying tho.

Would you mind sharing your graphic settings?

Same exact setup and mac, as well. Would love to know everyone’s settings to get better performance. The game crashes every time I zone into Oribos which is becoming very annoying.

My 2017 iMac with 32 gig of ram runs Shadowlands like a dog - alternating between 10 and 25 FPS. Also freezes from time to time and crashes occasionally.

Frustrating but… eh… what can you do?

I’m tempted to upgrade to a new Mac mini but will try and hold out for the newer M1 chips next year and decide then. Frustrating in the meantime, but vaguely playable.