Current Jaina Vs LK Arthas

Do you think current Jaina has reached the point where she rivals powerful beings like for instance, her boyfriend turned evil Arthas? The stunt she pulled at the siege of Lordaeron, brining in a flying ship, blowing up thick stone walls, dispelling blight, a case could be made she could hold her own 1 vs 1 vs peak LK Arthas. Thoughts?

2 Likes

No.
/10char

17 Likes

Pretty sure the undead dragons Arthas can call on would tear Jainas crappy boat out the sky like its made of matchwood.

3 Likes

Rival? Probably, probably not, but even back in Wrath she could hold her ground(barely) against the Lich King. The Lich King’s power is based more on his command of a nearly endless undead army but one on one BfA Jaina might have a chance. Especially with her Lei Shen powered staff.

The Lich King was one of the most fierce contenders the world had ever seen, that required the near-full cooperation of the world’s two greatest powers, all of the third parties and even still, had to walk on egg-shells to achieve victory against a hivemind enemy that multiplies with each casualty.

Jaina is good, but she isn’t Arthas Menethil, the Lich King, good.

5 Likes

Jaina in the comic was able to single handly destroy a Necropolis. She might actually be able to kill a Frostwyrm all on her own as long it wasn’t Sindragosa level powerful.

Well we had to fight him on his territory. As shown by his own encounter with Tirion and later Putress if we fought him somewhere other than Icecrown itself he isnt as strong.

1 Like

Well… Jaina is level 120 and Arthas was just level 80, so who knows?

9 Likes

Well, to be fair, the first time Arthas fought Tirion, both on were on holy ground, so Arthas was at a disadvantage. We really don’t know for sure how weak he is his away from Icecrown, just that Icecrown was the only place we could kill him, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

There was never any lore that we had to kill him in Icecrown. If anything Tirion might have kill him in Light’s hope if he didnt run away.

Yes there was. Uthers ghost in Halls of Reflection says the only place that the Lich King can be destroyed is at the place he was created, The Frozen Throne.

4 Likes

Death Knight Arthas? Decent chance.

Lich King Arthas. Absolutely not.

3 Likes

People like to bring up Halls of Reflection but then collectively forget that Jaina – with a full five man party – ran in absolute terror and accepted death at the end.

5 Likes

I know he fully intended to kill the adventurers and Jaina while they invaded the Halls of Reflection, but I also got the impression he was also toying with us, just to see how strong they were.

5 Likes

That’s canonically accurate. He wanted the strongest champions to turn in ICC.

Didn’t Jaina get a staff in MOP that had titanic power? I’ve heard about something like that.

She absorbed some of Lei Shens power into her staff after the adventurers killed him

Ah yes the invisible power up that we never see and we have no clue how strong the character has gotten after do to the ambiguity of power levels and how they translate into feats.

10 Likes

It is stupid. Jaina got a unnecessary powerup if you ask me.

6 Likes

My mistake on that one. But even Uther’s ghost is not omnipotent. Maybe it just mean the Lich King as an entity(ie what Sylvanas did to the Helm of Domination) could only be done in Icecrown. Arthas himself was not invicible and he himself had to retreat when he got a face full of plague or Ashbringer uncorrupted.

Yeah, she could definitely rival him, at this point. Jaina is one of the strongest characters we have right now.

I know everyone loves Arthas, trust me, I get it, he’s definitely one of my favorite characters, but, it’s honestly rose tinted glasses nostalgia/Jaina hate to think that Jaina is nowhere in Arthas’ league. Jaina is easily one of the strongest characters in the game. And while Arthas was definitely a power house, he wasn’t insurmountable. Remember, Tirion beat him, for example. A few times, actually.