Current Issues with the Emerald Dream

So we’re about an entire month into Emerald Dream and there’s some glaring issues with rewards and reward tracks and environmental glitches I’m sure are not supposed to be that way. I’d like to keep this topic to visible issues with the Emerald Dream rather than a suggestion thread on changes as we have plenty of those already.

One issue that started with last weeks reset was that every purple bag from the three weekly activities now contains or has a HUGE chance to drop the Tabard of the Dream Wardens. This is getting on some players nerves because we don’t need more chances at the tabard, we have it in our appearance collections if we want to use it.

Another issue is one that’s been ongoing since week one apparently. Despite the fact that players have unlocked the ability to see Somnuts/Laden Somnuts, they do not appear for alts. They just aren’t showing up for any alts besides the main who first unlocked the ability to see Somnuts/Laden Somnuts.

Throughout the dream there are certain leaves on trees that are considered solid and running into them while dragon riding causes you to lose all momentum as if you’ve run into a wall. The surrounding leaves around these particular points are not solid and can be run through. It’s rather annoying when you’re trying to cross the map and descend into the canopy as you get closer to your destination and hit a literal wall made of leaves when it makes no sense.

The quest Green Dream Team in the base camp is constantly resetting as if we’ve not done it yet even on characters who have completed it already.

I’m sure there are more issues so I’d like to let my fellow Council Members fill in more blanks.

11 Likes
  • The 2 1250 Dragon Isles Supply dragon customizations from the rep vendor also constantly reset, making you re-buy them.
  • The helmet transmog from the world boss keeps dropping even after you’ve learned it, including on the same character that got it originally
4 Likes

An issue with Superbloom has also been prevalent since 10.2 launch.

When looking at the map as a whole, when Superbloom goes to the west of Amirdrassil and stops at it’s halfway point/intermission point the event at this location will 90% of the times complete too quickly or by itself in some cases and it causes use to lose the ability to substantially boost bloom numbers to reach certain tiers.

One of the biggest issues I have with Emerald Dream is the mooch problem. Doing the superbloom, almost every time, you have several people right overhead on mounts that follow the path, to get credit, but do not contribute at ALL. I just did one five minutes ago and four people were following (and there was only a couple of us actually doing the progress) and they stayed overhead until the final boss popped, then they dropped and tagged it and backed up.

Stop allowing people to get credit for completing a superbloom this way. It feels lousy that some people do not participate at all and get full credit.

I meant more of this as a sort of bug/glitch thread but I guess?

It’s not like Time Rifts where people mooching causes you to not hit a certain tier because you have to actively join the time rift and it counts everyone who talks to Sirodormi as participating and scales the event according, where as someone could literally just be flying over superbloom to something else with no intention to do it and get a bag. Superbloom has a different scaling than Time Rifts does. So you could have a few afkers and still get a purple bag.

I think your post also falls under “suggestions” which I wanted to keep this thread clear of.