Current fury stat priority?

Is it still haste/mastery? Would crit be higher for a Annihilator build with cold blood, hit steel?

according to https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classes/warrior/fury/stat-priority-pve-dps base stat prio is currently
Strength
Mastery
Critical Strike
Haste
Versatility

however to get the best answer, sim it under stat weights here

1 Like

Apparently that is the priority after getting haste to 20% if you look at the main page of the guide. I guess to start with, it effectively is haste/mastery then.

I know how easy it is to just go based off a guide, but I propose doing the following:

1. Mastery is always beneficial
  2. Haste is my focus until I’m wasting GCDs due to mechanics, boss movements, or my own lack of skill.
  3. Crit

Why do I propose this? Because SIMs is one thing, but real life is another. We’re not robots and can’t play like robots. So each individual person will have a different stat priority due to their own skill level or lack thereof, and the content they’re doing, and the mob/boss design in your chosen content.

3 Likes

Every stat is technically wasted if you are missing GCDs, boss movements or just lack of skill. (Other than vers which gives you a little bit of damage reduction as well)

Probably to a degree, but I’ll use an example without many variables to illustrate my point.

You’re on a quest to kill x amount of mobs. You mount up, gather 5 mobs, and proceed to burst them down. Which secondary is best? You’re unlikely to need to execute more than one rotation, so haste probably isn’t the best, whereas it probably would rank high on a 5 minute boss fight with high uptime on the target. Vers boosts damage and helps mitigate the damage you take. This could be a good one, since you’re taking damage along with dishing it out. However, most abilities fall off in dmg after 5 targets and world content doesn’t hit that hard, so it’s probably a wasted stat compared to crit. High crit could mean the difference between needing more globals or killing them all in one rotation. Mastery may not be that useful in this case (depending on spec).

The more complex the content, the more gets muddied up and only trial and error with your talents and stat priorities will yield the most optimal results. Thankfully we have two years doing the same dungeons if your goal is Mythic+, so you could figure this out in one patch of trial and error. Raiding makes it more difficult to pin down, but patterns emerge and you can build multiple talent builds to optimize for each boss.

Or you can follow a guide, but these guides are made by players in the top % of that class. Most don’t perform like them, so their builds may not be applicable to how you or I play.

I mean in short fights that are over in 4-5 globals you may or may not be correct, but that’s not really looking at the bigger picture - The stat weights provided by the sims or the general stats by the guide tend to be for about 4-5 minute fights, you can actually change the fight length in the sim.

Its kinda looking at a 100m run vs a 20 KM run. The people doing 100 meters are going faster than the people doing 20km, but they don’t have to conserve their stamina so they can go all out for the entire thing.

Yeah, exactly. Problem is there are multiple end game scenarios we encounter. Large amounts of trash in M+, which is arguably the hardest part of the dungeon. But that’s a several second burst per pack, right. Much different than the longer, albeit short boss fights in M+.

Then there’s raiding. Trash packs that are ho sponges, bosses that are single target, clean, and aoe fights. Ranging from no movent to heavy movement.

Just tons of variables which makes stat priorities different even for high percentage parcers. Doesn’t even include the differences between players within the same spec. For example, someone who struggles with mechanics may opt to go with Annihilator and have more damage on the boss versus if they had the extra button raging blow on the bat. There’s many differences in specs and I’m sure those differences change up the stat priority.

An interesting conversation to say the least. Ideal we’re playing with people that are similar in skill level and you can talk to others in the group who share your spec and learn best practices for your spec at.yoir skill level.

Yeah, exactly. Problem is there are multiple end game scenarios we encounter. Large amounts of trash in M+, which is arguably the hardest part of the dungeon. But that’s a several second burst per pack fight, right? Much different than the longer, albeit short, boss fights in M+.

Then there’s raiding. Trash packs that are hp sponges, bosses that are single target, cleave, and aoe fights. Ranging from no movent to heavy movement.

Just tons of variables which makes stat priorities different even for high percentage parcers. Doesn’t even include the differences between players within the same spec. For example, someone who struggles with mechanics may opt to go with Annihilator and have more total damage on the boss versus if they had the extra button raging blow on their bar and dies trying to manage that rotation with an extra ability. There’s many differences in specs that add more abilities and I’m sure those differences change up the stat priority.

An interesting conversation to say the least. Ideally we’re playing with people that are similar in skill level and you can talk to others in the group who share your spec and learn best practices for your spec at your skill level.

I can’t remember what it is called and can’t look it up right now but I believe there is a website or program that will give you stat weights based on your logs.

I normally feel like this. Maybe stack haste to reach some kind of soft cap. I still remember the madness of armor pen…Grim Toll my love.

While simming is the best answer, Stat weights is not.

The issue with stat weights is the moment you add one point of any stat those values change.

Top gear and droptimiser are your best bet for simming equipment.