[Currency] Gold, a lacking ''feature''

Being a bit of a gold goblin myself, I am struggling with managing gold with the current gold cap, having reached this cap on more than 5 characters now, earning more gold is an annoyance as there is no way without addons to know which character has how much gold.

My suggestion would be to make gold either account-wide or server-wide, so you don’t have to send gold over either if you want to buy something on an alt.

Regardless, I don’t like the idea that I am ‘‘forced’’ to make multiple alts to store my gold, or that I need to make a guild to store my gold in a guild bank. The cap should also be increased significantly.

3 Likes

I have to agree, as someone whos moved servers plenty in the past and has the wonderful OCD of “Bring it all!!”, its been proving more difficult as gold cap hasn’t increased, while the average players income of gold coins has. This was slightly resolved in my situation for being able to trade but I am also lucky enough to have two accounts to trade myself on, others aren’t able to do that always.

Transferring a Gbank in order to keep that bring it all urge under wraps proves to be quiet expensive - more so for a Canadian!

I am not sure if coding would easily allow for the gold cap to increase (which I’d ask please increase gbank cap as well if this is pursued!) But perhaps account wide could be a better option, I am no coder myself but maybe if there is a way to make mounts account bound, gold could be too?

2 Likes

Account wide would be great. Savedinstances will tally how much per. It is a headache to keep track of which characters have how much. Only other reasons I can think for limitations would be fears of abuse. Cross faction has been somewhat of a help for gold holder alts on each connected server. I still end up with a seasonal gold spreadsheet to track the amounts held. Stacking the items has helped guild bank storage for old world mats, would love that expanded more. I often don’t keep up the second+ accounts, The nightmare of 60 characters and their gold is enough, one option would be to give them all guild banks. Account wide gold would be a dream come true. I can see the accumulation of gold as most gold sinks have been acquired after playing for a certain length of time and wealth. Increasing the cap would be nice, Am not sure how many people are impacted. The negatives would be for BMAH campers mostly when cap raises their gold cap is higher for otherwise rare/unattainable items.