Curious, why play before end of xpac?

You do but that’s not the reason why you lose. I pushed to 2200 without any op corruption on my lock. The other night I was playing my dh who has 390k and faced 2 other dh that both had 450-470k hp with the desh trinket and all that, and my undergeared dh beat them. It was super low mmr, like 1700. Gear really not gonna hold you back unless you’re a rank 1 going for the highest rating in the world. But I understand it is annoying to see 30-40% of a players damage come from a random proc.

Finally agree with something you said.

I’ve developed a fondness for m+

4 Likes

They aren’t bad and they do require a bit of coordination at the higher end

I got rival and have stopped playing unless it’s with friends. Lack of healing capability for warriors makes pugging it a nightmare. I’m doing islands and m+ more to grind gear and levels. Maybe in a month or two I’ll try a serious push. On top of that the rating is deflated.

I’ve kept up with the content so far this entire expansion, might as well finish it up. Only other game I play is CSGO and CoD, and even then I have more friends on here to play with.

In all honesty, having friends that play this game and suffer through the grinds with you make it that much more enjoyable.

4 Likes

Man I lost all my forum perks from lack of activity…

I had a nice little GIF lined up for us too :frowning:
(You as Jackie Chan and me as Chris Tucker in the massage parlor fight scene in Rush Hour 2)

1 Like

I dont think anyone has perks anymore. Can link youtube vids that’s it

1 Like

No doubt it was abused hard lol

Somehow I still have rank 3. When you get a forum timeout they take it away.

This is probably the biggest part here.

My friend and I did the majority of our uldum and vale dailies together.
A lot of wpvp happened for sure.

do you guys really queue bfa just for a title?

1 Like

I’ve kind of come to terms with the fact that as much as I’d like a Glad title, I don’t really respect it anymore. Rank 1 is still respectable to me, but seeing people link me BFA duelist-glad doesn’t usually give me the feeling that I can really rely on the person’s competency.

I really only care to play the game because despite all the games flaws, it’s still the ONLY arena game I’m accustomed to, and enjoy playing. I get tilted sometimes playing, and usually just walk away, but other than that I just enjoy playing.

Usually if I can find someone who has a basic understanding and doesn’t try to blame losing on things like comp/class/gear, or blame me for things that are most definitely their fault or a result from mistakes/poor decisions that they’ve made - I’ll just keep playing until my arena craving is over.

It’s all relative though man. As a 2100/2200 capped goon what do you think is gonna happen when I face a 2k team with tripple stars at the end of the season? I’m not magically going to start playing that much better than a 2k team to get back into the 2.1 range when I get tripple starred on.

Also it’s not so much about the rating it’s just about playing competitively. Whats the point of playing if not to compete? So maybe that’s why I complain instead of just wait it out lol

Progress has been made!

You don’t need that gear to get to duelist in your scenario

This is about corruption, not essences. I’m stating on your main (should have essences btw) your rating can and will go up without corruption effects if you don’t suck.

This is kind of my point though. You are a 2100-2200 player, you should be more focused on becoming a better player than on gear.

1 Like

Eh but I’ve always been 2100. Since like mop when I started actually trying. I don’t really think I can get much better. I’ve gotten all I can from guides and I don’t really know anyone higher. I don’t care to play meta comps, simply what my friends and I can smash together. Plus my reflexes are average at best :joy:

That aside… As a 2100 player playing vs even something as low as an 1800 team with tripple stars when I have nothing? I’d be hard pressed to win. When skill is being overlapped that much by gear it’s kinda an issue… Again, hence the gripes… It’s all relative. Probably why I’m playing more rocket league than wow atm… I know I’m getting styled on simply because I’m not as practiced not because I got rngd starred to death.

There are probably ways to improve in arena though. I’ve seen some amazing plays in matches that turned games. Some I did by accident. Like an rdruid that got gripped by my dk teammate on the panda arena map and switches to cat form, jumps then presses their leap to get onto the elevated platform only for that to be interrupted by my charge. Or luring enemies away from their healers. I’m not great but I am learning stuff albeit at a slow pace :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a 2.2 player??? say what bro???

His quote link broke, pretty sure. That comment of his was directed to someone else.

Eh maybe… I’m able to help some of my friends get their 2ks because I can help them realize what they did wrong or right. However now that we are all 2k it’s not always easy to see what we did wrong/right. Sometimes we win and it’s like, how? Then we try the same strat and lose hard… It’s fun to try and puzzle it out but unless there is someone with more experience to explain it it can be pretty tricky to see.