Ctrl + W Randomly stops working

Every once and a while my Ctrl+W keybind will stop working in WoW I have tried the following to fix it

1. /Reload
  2. logging off and back in
  3. disabling all addons
  4. trying a different character
  5. the addon bugsack detects no LUA errors ether
  6. also tried a complete client shutdown

CTRL+E, CTRL+Q etc etc work fine even trying to rebind a key to CTRL+W nothing shows up, oddly everything outside of windows including other games will work. It isn’t until I do a computer restart that Ctrl+W starts to work again. I would say it’s something outside of WoW that is causing it but everything else seems to work just fine

I recommend asking in UI and Macro

This forum is mostly for crashes and disconnections, so they may have more insight.

If restarting the client doesn’t fix it, but restarting the computer does, it’s unlikely to be a UI issue.

Check your Windows sticky/filter keys options. Press the start button, type settings, go into the settings, click on the accessibility tab on the left, scroll down to keyboard and click it, turn off sticky keys and filter keys.

That’s my best guess at what’s going on. If not, start checking for any mouse/keyboard softwares and disable or uninstall them.

All disabled, Like I said only happens with WoW and its between log in sessions from what I have noticed too, As in the issue only happens at log in and thats SOMETIMES

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.