"C'Thun was mathematically impossible"

With how “easy” classic is with min/maxers everywhere, would you like to see Ion’s claim of “C’Thun was mathematically impossible” be present for the first few weeks of AQ40?

13 Likes

No. 10 characters

2 Likes

Nope.

I don’t play classic to get world firsts.

7 Likes

Yes. Challenge would be fun.

13 Likes

A toggle like mimridon would be cool. Forced? No thanks, I want that eye!

4 Likes

Pre-nerf C’thun was stupid because of tentacles spawning inside walls and being untargetable and tentacles spawning on people in the stomach and unstoppably one shotting everyone who went down.

You think you want it but you don’t.

13 Likes

It’d still be fun to see if people can do it as an optional thing.

My guess is even with bugs its doable now with a good raid.

6 Likes

considering we’re most likely getting post nerf AQ I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest that it is cleared easily.

3 Likes

It wont happen, but I think most people would like to at least see a pre-nerf Cthun. The thing is, it wasn’t just about tuning. It was also very buggy (tentacles spawning in walls etc) which is a lot of what made it so hard.

Who knows though. I think it was a fantastic call by Blizz to keep the raid off the beta so I suppose we’ll get to find out together.

1 Like

Other than fixing cthun, what nerfs did AQ40 get, exactly?

" (2006-04-26): “Ouro’s “uptime” will be increased before submerging. The scarab damage is being reduced. The cooldown between Sandblasts has been increased.”"

" (2006-04-18): “Ouro has been hotfixed so his Quake effects deal significantly less damage.”"

2 Likes

Ah, so Ouro also got a few hits. Overall the dungeon is still the closest thing to original tuning and environment that we have gotten thus far.

Found the newbie.

Ktisune, you don’t understand what you’re talking about. MANY many guilds will not clear AQ40 in classic. Yes, many will also clear it. But many still will not. There are guilds that broke up during BWL and failed to killed neferian. Some guilds took 4-5 months to kill Nef. C’thun will be impossible for these guilds. C’thun is the first real fight we’ll see in classic and many guilds will not be up to the task within the first few months.

Less than 1% of the top raiding guilds could kill ‘fixed’ c’thun if at all. Why should blizzard cater to an extreme minority of the player base? It would have to be a super specialized raid comp, featuring mostly humans and thunderfuries.

3 Likes

Yea… I dont think any guilds broke up in classic over BWL and there are pugs doing 40 minute clears. AQ will be harder… but its definitely not going to be anywhere close to what it was like in Vanilla

11 Likes

Of course!

Rarity increases value.

but cthun is easy that’s why streamers are preping using…Other means

In Patch 1.9 we were playing a different game than 1.12, its not comparable. Not only would we need to roll back to 1.9, but also roll back to 1.9 gear, everything 1.9.

Downing C’Thun on patch 1.12 may actually be possible, but there is something you dont seem to know about 1.9 C’thun, he would RNG kill the raid with several different mechanics. Some of it was just pure “screw you” kinda RNG too, and there was no good way to out play it. Its on par, actually worse than double fire blossom in MC when you just insta die.

This is more than 10 characters,

C’thun was impossible because it was bugged.

1 Like