C'thun And Yogg Are Dead. Dead. Dead

I doubt it.

I bet they are unmade if we kill them in the Void Realm, just like us Mortals are unmade if our souls are destroyed in the Shadowlands, and just like Demons are unmade if they are destroyed in the Nether.

That’s the Golden Rule of Warcraft: Destroy the thing where their souls gravitate towards.

A running theme in Warcraft celestial lore is that space is really big and even god-level space beings like Sargeras can’t actually just meander over to Azeroth because they have no idea where it is.

If you have enough juice you can open portals to it all day long, but actually physically flying up to it is much more difficult and presumably subject to the same distances and travel times that apply to real life. Meaning it’s entirely possible the void lords jettisoned a whole bunch more Old Gods at Azeroth as soon as the first bunch got beaten by the Titans however many hundreds of thousands of years ago… and they’re still shooting toward us to this day.

Sure, but there is this thing called continuity. We didn’t create this new and innovative way of killing the old gods, we just hit them in the heads with sticks until they stopped moving.

I always thought Ny’alotha was not exactly a location but the very mind of the old gods. So, you kill the Old God dudes, you delete Ny’alotha from existence… or from virtuality. Or whatever.

It kinda reminds me of a character from a story I read whose dreams came to life. So, if he dreamed a place was on fire, or a meteor hit it, it surely happened IRL while he was asleep.

Ny’alotha isn’t the mind of the Old Gods. It’s a potential future. Like End Time was, back on Cataclysm.

But a potential future requires some extrapolation, and that is the work of the mind. I don’t think we’re necessarily traveling to the future when we do visions, but seeing things as N’zoth envisions them to be. The End Time was more literal, we were really exploring a timeline where Deathwing won.

Just browsed around and found an interview of Ion regarding the subject, and you are 100% correct, Mortis. Kind of disappointed with it, though. as time travelling, even if metaphysical, has become a bit cliche in this game.