CS Ticket Wait Times

I put in a CS ticket and the average wait time is listed as 22 days.

I am not sure when the CS became so terrible, earlier on in WoW’s life I would open a ticket that would be answered in hours sometimes.

Since Blizzard has gut their customer service and is providing poor quality support to its player base is it time perhaps to drop the monthly sub fee? Why pay the same amount monthly when a ticket response has gone from a couple days max to almost an entire sub cycle.

When I do open up a ticket now the first response is ALWAYS just some terrible copy/paste response that never resolves the issue. Previously I have reported issues with vendor issues in the game and have been replied back to with a copy/paste response that was pretty much “check wowhead”. You now always have to reopen tickets due to the first being a copy/paste response from a CS rep who did not take time to read the question. Then on your second response do you actually get a CS rep who read the question (Answer = we are aware of the issue and working on it / no solution can be provided at this time)

The monthly sub fee does not seem justified with this level of customer of support.

5 Likes

Whenever I draft up a ticket it tends to get serviced fairly quickly. However, my tickets tend to stem from payment issues. My last one was transferring characters where I didn’t get the rename despite reserving the name on the new server.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Blizzard, like most companies, will prioritize payment issue questions. I’m not sure if this is true, but it’s just a guess since sometimes those tickets say 20 hours and I get an answer in a few hours.

Defending Blizzard here, but I have sometimes fixed my issue by delving into the WoWhead comments. So I can see why they’d send you there first, but it is frustrating to have that be the response.

Not sure what you’d want if they are aware of the issue and can’t fix it. They’re not devs.

2 Likes

Yes, ticket wait times right now are insane and not normal. Classic server merges, Wrath release, OW2 release, ban waves, returning players, purchase issues, and all the normal stuff too have resulted in a massive ticket backlog. The average time is not a time for you personally or a count down. Ticket times are between 1 and 2 weeks right now. No, it is not ok nor does Blizzard think so either.

The last layoffs for CS were in 2012 when they laid off 600 people. Since then then released D3, Hearthstone, HotS, OW, Classic, and lots more. They have staff and have not been laying off CS. They support ALL the games, not just WoW.

It does not help that people put in tickets for bugs, change requests, game hints, etc :frowning:
You can read more about what GMs can do, and what they can not do, here.

CS is not perfect in any way. The ticket system can be frustrating and the wait right now is not acceptable, but it is not because of layoffs though.

4 Likes

Blame Blizzard for having three releases so close to eachother.

…you’d think they would time ban waves to not coincide with all of this lol. I don’t think it’s defensible to make such a statement, when blizzard knows the extent of what their CS team can handle. At the very release major patches/releases/etc. could be staggered, it does not excuse or exonerate the company when they had a major hand in creating the perfect storm.

At the very best it’s a parody of the south park episode about cable companies rubbing their nipples repeating “we’re sorry” sarcastically, knowing there is effectively “no where else to go” lol

Back when ol’ bobby needed to cut cost so they fired the entire CS team basically

Then realized having 2 people doing all that work didn’t work, so hired people on for way less than the original pay

Now we have a healthy team of 3 people

1 Like

It always kills me to see companies cut costs by hitting customer service. The whole reason customer service exists is to help customers who have deviated from the ideal product path who need help so they can keep giving you money. Cs is never a profit center for a company, but it is an extremely important department that directly impacts already impacted customers. Less cs means less customer satisfaction which means less return business.

1 Like

This thread was 1 day ago.

I put in a ticket last night at around 2am est.

30 day 3 hour wait time.

I don’t want to sound like a you know what… But that is pretty unacceptable, especially from a company as big as Blizzard.

3 Likes

This is absolutely ridiculous

2 Likes

pretty sad that most private servers had better response times while not paying that staff whatsoever lmao

3 Likes

This is disinformation.

CS is either filled with ppl whining about loot or UI .

1 Like

This~

Plus people think different GMs will give them different answers so they just resubmit over and over to waste further time.

Hopefully things clear out so the folks with serious issues can get helped out sooner than later!

There’s probably like 20,000 different variations of “why did the ui change” tickets lined up.