Crystalforged Trinket no item level requirement

The [Crystalforged Trinket] has a revered reputation with Orgri’ la requirement but it has no level requirement, players have been getting rep boosted by a 70 and using this trinket in lower level pvp brackets and it’s breaking the battlegrounds.

3 Likes

Confirmed. Please fix.

What’s the level range?

Its currently usable at any level, but is clearly meant to be a level 70 required item. It gets patched eventually in wotlk, but that doesn’t keep it from being exploited all through tbc if it isn’t addressed.

1 Like

Please fix this Blizzard.
I’m sure every item has a value for “requires level xx”. Change this one to 70. Job done.

2 Likes

Bumping for great justice

Still a big issue. Item:

This is currently being used by low level twinks. Would you PLEASE make this bug correction?

A 10 second buff. Wow. A 10 second BUFF.

If anything the level 29 twink ring deadman’s hand should be nerfed instead of the crystalforged trinket because there is no cd. And 5% is going to proc ALOT per melee hit. Trust me.

Yes. Deadman’s hand is more overpowered than Crystalforged Trinket

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=34227/deadmans-hand

Its way more overpowered and should be nerfed
It benefits casters most of all and has a 5% proc chance and what’s ridiculous is it’s got no cooldown

Please fix what? It’s not even that overpowered.
What are you on about?

Also why don’t you just get a level 70 then and farm it and stop being lazy? If you can’t beat em. Join em, farm em and then beat the players who beat you.

Look at helm of exile or arena grand master or green lens, they also have high item levels

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=11124/helm-of-exile

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=10504/green-lens

34-36 shadow/fire/nature or frost damage
And 55 healing… come on
Item level 49

• …of Frozen Wrath (18.9% chance)
    +(34 - 36) Frost Spell Damage

• …of Healing (17.0% chance)
    +(53 - 55) Healing Spells

• …of Shadow Wrath (15.4% chance)
    +(34 - 36) Shadow Spell Damage

• …of Nature’s Wrath (12.6% chance)
    +(34 - 36) Nature Spell Damage

• …of Arcane Wrath (10.9% chance)
    +(34 - 36) Arcane Spell Damage

• …of Fiery Wrath (9.7% chance)
    +(34 - 36) Fire Spell Damage

• …of Concentration (8.7% chance)
    +10 mana every 5 sec.

• …of Regeneration (6.9% chance)
    +6 health every 5 sec.

The iconic Arena Grand Master has an item level of 55 and a massive shield. What? Are you going to nerf that too?

It helps rogues more than anyone else at 19.
Sounds one sided when 39 or 19 rogues have double arena grand masters. What? You going to nerf it too?

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19024/arena-grand-master#:~:text=Comment%20by%20enodda,highly%20valued%20%22twink%22%20item.

If anything crystalforged trinket shouldnt be nerfed. It’s not that great or overpowered.

1. This item never had a requirement
  2. It’s not a bug
  3. It’s not that strong like skyguard trinket etc

Even in the 29 twink bracket it’s not too overpowered.

The only reason you think it should be nerfed is because of your precious 10-19 bracket.
Well I say deal with it. 39s still want it.

Just because it’s very strong at 10-19 doesn’t mean the rest of the other brackets at 29, 39, 49 and 59 should suffer because you want a requirement put on it for your 19. If anything for a 59 twink it sucks.

https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-set/59-warrior-twink-59571
Blackhand’s breadth and hand of justice which are 59 twink trinkets are way better than crystalforged trinket

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=32654/crystalforged-trinket#comments

Even says anyone can get it and besides +7 weapon damage is nothing. The attack power increase is a 1 minute cooldown that lasts 10 seconds. That’s not even that great. 39 twinks get Mark of The chosen and That always stays up for 1 min giving 25 to all stats before it procs again (not including intellect or spirit yet)

It gives 63 attack power (up from 50 attack power for my 39 paladin using kings and divine strength talents) And 1.375% to crit 27.5 stamina or 275hp Etc The crit is already better than The weapon damage and the 275hp and 63 attack power for 1 minute is on par with 216 attack power for 10 seconds.
So what should we do? Nerf all trinkets just as good? It wasn’t using a requirement for twinks back then so I say keep it or nerf mark of the chosen too. Are you going to nerf Mark of The chosen too?

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17774/mark-of-the-chosen

I used to twink but recently quit because reckoning isn’t fixed. Just thought this was worth posting. Crystal forged trinket is crap anyway.
A 10 second buff.

This 39 twink has 650 attack power or over 3 times that attack power eternally. Not for 10 seconds

Bloodfury is even better.
Sorry but it’s not so broken to the point that it should be nerfed.

A 10 second 200 ap buff that is going to add 50 damage hits to my swings or 100 damage crits is not going to make a big difference in a fight at 39. As a mage I can iceblock it.
As a paladin I can bubble it. Wow.

Again 63 attack power from Mark of The chosen for 1 minute which usually reprocs before it runs out along with 275 health and 1.375% crit is comparable to 216 attack power and 7 weapon damage for 10 seconds

It’s only giving my 39 twink 153 additional attack power for 10 measly seconds on top of Mark of The chosen. Wow.
Not much.
And now I still have the health and crit.

275 hp and 1.375% crit versus 7 weapon damage and 153 ap (7 dmg comparable to the health)

I would actually pick the 275 health over 7 weapon damage because I need health to do more damage.

And the 10 second 153 attack power versus the permanent 1.375 % crit

While the 153 attack power is alot. It’s only 10 seconds.

The 1.375% melee crit is permanent

Yes I know this is a comparison at level 39 twinking between the Mark of the chosen stats against the crystalforged trinket as it’s 28 agility vs 76 strength so yes the strength wins but it’s not that overpowered to the point that it’s worth nerfing we have mongoose at level 39. On average I can pull on mongoose proc on my rogue far more than once per minute… 120 agility.

So really it all comes down to a 10 second buff that requires 1 minute to recharge against a permanent 1.375% crit boost (with kings - must be a paladin) which will also give you dodge.
So if anything. The attack power buff is only slightly better. But it’s not that strong.

Wow. So op
Since you are a twink most players will attack you and Mark of The chosen is usually always up

You can also swap Mark of The chosen and stack it’s stats ontop of another item.

Even if it’s item level is high. Crystalforged trinket just isn’t that overpowered. Think about it.

It lasts 10 seconds. How many people can a melee kill in 10 seconds? At best it will take a twink 3 seconds to kill a non twink and another 3 seconds to reach someone else. So maybe 2 people at best in 10 seconds if they aren’t twinks.
Oh wow. 1 person killed 2 people.

It’s not like a geared t3 60 mage cant kill 2 non geared tier 1 60s right?

That trinket is going to be useable on 2 people. Regardless with or without the trinket any BiS geared player can kill 2 average players.

I say. Leave it.
There are way worse things.
Like a 5% proc freeze root

In Wotlk we have 39 twink items far more overpowered than crystalforged trinket.
What? Are you going to nerf the BoA shoulders too which you can combine with naxx shoulder enchants? Why don’t we nerf the 120 agility mongoose enhant and nethercleft kit too?