Crystal Lake memorial?

This wasn’t there yesterday, so I’m curious: who is this for? It’s very prominent, unlike most memorials in the game. It also has a glow effect from the lantern that can be seen from a considerable distance away (the road by the Goldshire Inn, potentially futher.)

When hovered over, it reads “Deeply missed, never forgotten.”

9 Likes

From reddit: Might be to Amara Strande
https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/14xfghg/does_anyone_know_the_backstory_behind_this/jrmz96s/

Edit: Turns out it’s not her, see comment from Aikophoenix/Tenariel

5 Likes

That’s what I thought too, but the critter up top is more of a fox or a dog than a cat (since she was the one who made the Jenafur puzzle)

2 Likes

Very cool of blizzard to do. RIP

5 Likes

Man F cancer

7 Likes

hmm, should visit to see it.

Looks like a pet memorial,the murlocs have moved down to the home they built there .

Btw,there’s painting of one of the scenes in dragon islands there.

actually for someone named Mats that died in 2014. the tombstone is the exact same thing as a post i found on reddit that i can’t link for some reason.

RIP

She had a hand in designing the hardest puzzle to crack in WoW.

And yes, eff cancer.

2 Likes

This si the story behind that memorial and a pic of the real life memorial stone.

My disabled son’s amazing gaming life in the World of Warcraft - BBC News

8 Likes

there is a giant hole in the floor behind the tree in which this memorial stands. i reported it a week or 2 ago, and blizzard missed my post or something. because the hole is still there.

2 Likes

Post this in the Bug Reports forum. They won’t see it here.

RIP and F cancer

You have to scroll all the way at the bottom of the article to see the memorial! Wow.

This is such a sad story…

I’m glad Blizzard did this for him. He seemed like a really cool guy.

:face_holding_back_tears: