Crucible LFR - One of the Worst PVE Experiences I've Had

I’m pretty simple, but I approach LFR as a means of seeing the lore and seeing the basic fight mechanics for future progress. Loot is icing on the fisher-price “my first cake!”

4 Likes

Fair enough, I figured this was the case for a lot of people.

right now wqs only give me 370 gear, crucible starts at 375. my ilvl is 377. world bosses give 355, so for me at least there’s no world content that will give me an upgrade until the darkshore warfront is up, or i get a wf/tf on an emissary or something. plus, mogs and the crucible gear is pretty interesting.

I like how you describe how many problems you had with tanks, then later say

idk. it was just a bit amusing

No, don’t. The fact that you drop it and can’t pick it up again immediately is an important mechanic and I’m glad LFR provided a way to learn it. If you’ve got one person in the group who can use it properly, they can tell another person.

Moving the bosses is 90% of the fight; it needs to be in LFR for LFR to have any resemblance to the “real thing”.

And the stacks of determination, apparently, are there to give you a taste of what it’s like to be in a world first guild and have Blizzard nerf the mechanics for you if you can’t down the boss immediately.

1 Like

God forbid people actually take a couple of minutes and read up on a fight before hand. It is actually good to see some content in LFR actually requires a little effort to succeed.

2 Likes

Actually, the bosses in LFR cannot reuse relics at all, so they’ll never use one of them twice. You can choose to move them to affect the order, but you can basically tank them on the trident (so you can DPS the tide bubble away) and never worry about moving them from there as long as DPS choose to drop the big guy to 20% or so then swap to the ranged boss.

LFR has been a horrible idea ever since Cataclysm. Pretty Blizzard only created to appease idiots who could not coordinate themselves out of a paper bag.

1 Like

LFR Crucible is fun. People find so many different ways to wipe. I hope Blizzard doesn’t nerf it.

Not as fun as Throne of Thunder LFR (Durumu and Lei Shen!) though. Maybe if Crucible had more bosses…

1 Like

There is Naga world quest and you have to kill naga in it for a quest item that you take to one of the tortollen. That starts a quest chain that ends in you getting cut scenes in the CoS raid.

First i went as melee so i probably wont go back. It wasnt the players that bothered me, it just seems poorly designed. Should be easy like gruuls lair, not the hardest boss in the expansion.

1 Like

I thought it was a pretty fun raid honestly.

Edit: Haven’t done LFR.

Your name is familiar, were you in my LFR group? I kindof led one on my disc priest, took almost 90 minutes from start to finish but we finally got it. Went through several tanks who kept taunting the ranged tank add on cabal.

A word of advice to people: LFR Cabal, just tank both mobs directly on top of the trident and leave them there the entire fight. The bosses cannot double empower and keeping them close, the void stone/ trident bubble empowerments get knocked off quickly.

You need to step up and lead sometimes. People are clueless and no one wants to take that responsbility. It also doesn’t help when people can’t seem to read english and keep making the same mistakes.

A ranged DPS is supposed to range tank the ranged boss. :roll_eyes: The ranged boss will massacre anybody who’s tanking him at melee range.

1 Like

Not me. Thats for sure.

we only wiped once on each boss. I enjoyed my run of it personally.

Not the hardest boss in the expansion. The hardest boss is peoples intelligence level.

1 Like

Heh, and people still think LFR should reward good loot.

Why would good rewards ever be rewarded to such incompetent groups of players?

2 Likes

Is it worse than LFR Zul?

1 Like